• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are FAIR prices for ASM 30 (9.0) and 37 (8.0), unslabbed?

6 posts in this topic

Probably at least $50 below guide.

Most VF books go for near guide "slabbed".

The ASM # (9.0) goes for slightly above (10-20%) above guide slabbed.

If you pay close to guide, all you are doing is saving the grading fees (which is good). The downside is there is no guarantee the books aren't slightly overgraded/restored.

It really seems that most dealers try to get close to "slabbed" prices for unslabbed books. In my opinion, there's to much risk, unless I'm getting the books for at least 75% or less of the slabbed price. Especially any book over $200.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you; he's asking $180 and $100 which I feel are fair slabbed prices but too high for unslabbed. (in fact, the $180 would even be a bit low for a slabbed book, but high for raw).

If I were to counter-offer with a combo deal, any suggestions what would be a reasonable price?

Assuming you are comfortable with the grading:

Maybe $160 on ASM #30 (9.0). The $180 wasn't total unreasonable.

Maybe $ 70-80 on ASM #37(8.0). Because VF is what I call the lowest end of "High Grade", unless its slabbed they usually only get 50-70% of guide. Yes, guide shows a much higher amount, but guide is consistently too high on books under VF/NM.