• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Grail is HERE...Story inside. See new post

97 posts in this topic

Wow! Thanks for sharing... now I want that book too! gossip.gif I've always been fond of the "Wonder Woman for President!" cover... # 5, I think.

I think HG Peter's work had peaks and lows. This was a very high point. Like I said, THIS IS THE BEST Wonder Woman cover from then Goldenage.

My first impression on seeing the cover is that it's by Hasen. I'm not completely confident but Hasen did the "romance" covers starting with 93 and I just don't get the tell-tale feel of HG Peter on this.

I was a little suprised to see that it was Peter as well.

I don't think this is by Peters, but I could be wrong. I'm comfortable I could determine who it is if was looking at the books themselves where I could see enough detail. There's still lots of errors in GCD and Overstreet. Regardless of the artist, it's a lovely image.

I HAVE ACQUIRED MY GRAIL AND I AM COMPLETE.

Until the next grail next month! grin.gif You know how it works crazy.gif Congrats!!

Exactly! I've got a couple books I never thought I'd own, but when I got them it satisfied for a while, then I started looking for the next one. It's definately an addictive (but very fun) hobby.

After several years of looking I have finally tracked down my grail. ...

SensationComics92cgc6-1.jpg

Great "quest" tale. What's the cover story about? What's the ultradense pebble made of? Or is it a figurative image?

I suppose that DC archives will reach this issue eventually (or have they already?) so I can read it.

Jack

What a great looking copy! I have never seen that book for sale. I enjoyed reading the back story as to why you chose this book as your grail and how you came to aquire it. I don't know if another thread has already been done about how people eventually aquired their grail books and how long it took, but I think it would be interesting. Again, congratulations.

Ken

After several years of looking I have finally tracked down my grail.

Great book, great story - congratulations on acquiring your grail!

Does anybody know if there was an Edgar Church copy of this issue? West?

Stephen, can I have the next copy?

I really enjoyed reading the way you formatted that post. It was a good read and it was cool leading up to the SEN92 cover. I instantly recognized that cover. I love the small logo.

I also agree with the HG PETER artwork, it think it's really NEAT but too cartoonish. I've subliminally always appreciated the later SENSATION covers, but like you said, you rarely see them for sale, so I've never acted upon my impulse to buy a later issue.

I also was in DEEP SEARCH MODE when discovering how cool the late 60's to early 70's WONDER WOMAN (specifically # 178 to # 200) because the covers were so cool, and they were impossible to find above VF+ condition.

My favorite covers from that run are 180 (cool 1960's colors) and all of the 52 pagers #'s 196 - 200, but specifically # 196.

SO HARD to find above VF+.
I had the chance to purchase almost the FULL RUN (all high grade from an original owner in OHIO) of those issues in 1997, for only $250, but passed because cash was tight...DAMN !!!.....
The guide was insanely LOW on these forever, but they broke out in 1998 and prices have remained STRONG for NM- on UP.

Congrats on locating a book you've been searching for....

Does anybody know if there was an Edgar Church copy of this issue?

Just checked my copy of the Edgar Church catalogue that Chuck had put out way back when.

The catalogue indicates a copy of Sensation #92, but listed in only VG condition. Appears that all of the late Sensation books were mostly in only VG or F condition.

Does anybody know if there was an Edgar Church copy of this issue? West?

Stephen, can I have the next copy?

Thanks for all the nice comments about my book. I'm glad to know that other people think its a cool cover as well.

Does anybody know if there was an Edgar Church copy of this issue?

Just checked my copy of the Edgar Church catalogue that Chuck had put out way back when.

The catalogue indicates a copy of Sensation #92, but listed in only VG condition. Appears that all of the late Sensation books were mostly in only VG or F condition.

I wondered about that as well in my search. Nnow I know the answer. You guys rock.