• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the odds this book is...?

20 posts in this topic

A better question might be "what are the odds the book is a 9.8?" Seems like plenty o' flaws are visible.....,

Their grading on high grade books is pretty tight from my experience and that scan is too small to really see much of anything. However, I'd bet that either Leder or someone affiliated with him submitted that book which means it's likely restored. Just wondering if anyone remembered Leder selling a 9.8 of this book. confused-smiley-013.gif

I would love to see this book in person. For that kind of money and with the value being so dependent on the grade, it would be hard for anyone to pull the trigger based on that front cover scan only.

If the seller reads these Boards, please contact me.

Their grading on high grade books is pretty tight from my experience and that scan is too small to really see much of anything. However, I'd bet that either Leder or someone affiliated with him submitted that book which means it's likely restored. Just wondering if anyone remembered Leder selling a 9.8 of this book. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll bet a gazillion dollars that you're right about that.

Why aren't you coming to the WonderCon forum dinner? poke2.gif

I would love to see this book in person. For that kind of money and with the value being so dependent on the grade, it would be hard for anyone to pull the trigger based on that front cover scan only.

Don't take this the wrong way, but only a fool would buy a PGX graded 9.8 that wasn't a modern. Especially this particular book, which, along with early Disney books, has tended to be Terrance Leder's specialty. flowerred.gif

Don't take this the wrong way, but only a fool would buy a PGX graded 9.8 that wasn't a modern. Especially this particular book, which, along with early Disney books, has tended to be Terrance Leder's specialty. flowerred.gif

How could I take that wrong confused-smiley-013.gif

I appreciate the advice and the spirit in which it was given. But, I would still love to see the book in person.

And, yes MK. If I ever get a 9.8, you have first dibs on my 9.6 thumbsup2.gif

Even seeing the book in person, I'd be very wary. The 2 restored books I bought off of Leder that were in PGX universal slabs were not very obvious. Trimming would be hard to spot through a slab. I recall a very high grade X-Men 94 being sold by either Leder or Hooker on ebay but I thought it was only a 9.6. Don't know if it's the same book.

I may be a late addition if I can make the con. Dependent on work at the moment. Forum dinner would be fun though.

I may be a late addition if I can make the con. Dependent on work at the moment. Forum dinner would be fun though.

I have to give the restaurant a final headcount by Feb. 28. Could you let me know by then? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif It would be great if you could make it.

How could I take that wrong confused-smiley-013.gif

I appreciate the advice and the spirit in which it was given. But, I would still love to see the book in person.

And, yes MK. If I ever get a 9.8, you have first dibs on my 9.6 thumbsup2.gif

yay.gif

A better question might be "what are the odds the book is a 9.8?" Seems like plenty o' flaws are visible.....,

I don't know it looks pretty nice aside from a small bindery defect on the bottom corner and maybe one small spine tick but I can't tell if its just a bad scan or on the slabb?

I don't know it looks pretty nice aside from a small bindery defect on the bottom corner and maybe one small spine tick but I can't tell if its just a bad scan or on the slabb?

I would like to see if that is a spine stress next to Nefaria's ear. And I'd like to see that bottom left corner. Hard to tell in a scan confused-smiley-013.gif

And, if the book was ever owned by Lederer, I would pass on it.