• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.8 or Bust?

45 posts in this topic

that seems to be the direction we are heading for Moderns.

Why the 893censored-thumb.gif are you still allowed to post here?

Info on this schmuck: LINKY

Dude, this is just a thread topic started by the guy...it's not a popularity rating contest connnected to him by those who post here.

People are just discussing the question at hand.... chill pill.

Why is anyone replying to any of his posts?

Best question I've heard tonight!!!!

With any luck his posting days will soon be over. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Who are you talking about? I am a little confused?!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Lastyle, the guy who started this thread. He's sent some inappropriate emails to other members.

As far as moderns go, some of the scarce variants are still valuable in 9.6.

I agree Steve. Look at Wolverine 145. You have the bone claws variant in 9.6 which is worth some big money. Wolverine 145 also has the Nabisco variant which fetches a nice penny in 9.6

Dude, this is just a thread topic started by the guy...it's not a popularity rating contest connnected to him by those who post here.

Check out the two links I posted...

I'm just pizzed he is still around after some of the racist dribble he spews out in PMs/emails...

I'm just pizzed he is still around after some of the racist dribble he spews out in PMs/emails...

I don't disagree with you, but the mod's don't make a habit of eradicating the entire existence of someone on the boards when they break the rules.

Just doesn't make sense.

I don't disagree with you, but the mod's don't make a habit of eradicating the entire existence of someone on the boards when they break the rules.

Just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

Just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

So you would have every thread this bozo's ever touch, created, or hey lets go for even glanced at, wiped!

Dude, you need your head checked!

Just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

So you would have every thread this bozo's ever touch, created, or hey lets go for even glanced at, wiped!

Heck, I don't care about his prior/current threads...

I just care that he's getting away with dishonest selling practices and PM'd threats/racism sumo.gif

Just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

No, the user should just be banned from the boards..

Just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif EXACTLY!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif EXACTLY!!!! thumbsup2.gif

And whats that got to do with you trying to tell people not to post on this thread... dude, check what you wrote, .... and check again (think thats required with you).

Then let things be that are ok to start with.

The guy isn't posting here or anywhere else from what I can see. So your just pizzing on every other persons's posts here.

Just doesn't make sense.

screwy.gif

Dude, you need your head checked! Dude let's go surfing Dude screwy.gif

Lastyle7 has been banned and in prime fashion. I posted a link in general.

Now, back to the question of whether all moderns have to be 9.8. All COMMON moderns need to be 9.8 to even hope to get your grading fees back. But, uncommon issues like independents, some variants, and as mentioned, nice signature copies, definitely will sell in lower grades.

MutantKeys mentioned my 9.6 Wolverine 145 Bone Claws as an example of a very valuable book. That's true. I also have an error copy of Amazing Spider-Man 375 that is pricey. And my 9.6 copy of X-Men 11 silver edition is the highest graded and only 9.6. Some of the Valiant variants are worth pretty good bucks even if they aren't in 9.8.

dude, check what you wrote, .... and check again (think thats required with you).

You're just a aren't you? That's rhetorical, no need to answer.

You're well on your way to becoming the most ignored a%#hole on the boards, and in record time!

Now, back to the question of whether all moderns have to be 9.8. All COMMON moderns need to be 9.8 to even hope to get your grading fees back. But, uncommon issues like independents, some variants, and as mentioned, nice signature copies, definitely will sell in lower grades.

MutantKeys mentioned my 9.6 Wolverine 145 Bone Claws as an example of a very valuable book. That's true. I also have an error copy of Amazing Spider-Man 375 that is pricey. And my 9.6 copy of X-Men 11 silver edition is the highest graded and only 9.6. Some of the Valiant variants are worth pretty good bucks even if they aren't in 9.8.

I agree. Unless you have a specific RRP or variant modern in 9.6, your book is simply $1 box fodder with a pretty case. I used to go through every page of every modern I bought with the intention of possibly sending in for grading. A lot of time wasted and it took away the enjoyment of the comic shop experience. If there is a key issue I will still look for best copy, or shop around for a slabbed version someone else sent in. A lot different than rolling up a comic and sticking it in the back pocket huh? confused-smiley-013.gif Good times!

yay.gifChris

I 'm curious about that amazing spiderman 375 that is being talked about. What is rare about it and how many of them are there. Is it as rare as the venom lethal protector and if possible can scans of this infamous book and the bone cover be posted. ThankYou. I'm into these rare covers. I have a venom lethal protector black cover 9.8 0n ebay right now . Its a little steep but its a rare book.

Ok, strething into copper, but TMNT #1 obviously is worth something in 9.6 (I don't think there is even a 9.8 copy!?). But the issues after that seem to go for a fraction, even if in 9.8.

Which is surpising since the printruns weren't that much bigger for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th issues.