• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best Smallville EVER!

21 posts in this topic

Only reason I watched the few episodes was for Lana blush.gif I've dropped the show after they completely failed to develop any kind of interest for me. Two things good on the show, Lana to look at and Luthor's development.

For those that have given up on this show, I only say you should approach it with an open mind and appreciate that the show is not made exclusively (if at all) for comic enthusiasts. That said, there are a few themes in each of the recent episode that speak to what I feel are the key drivers to "good" comic stories and the reason why I still read quite a few comics each month (gold, silver and bronze only).

Anyway, I certainly have been enjoying this season.

This is by far the best episode EVER!

If you like comics, you should be watching this show.

By far the best on screen (TV) adaptation of what makes great comics great.

It was definitely interesting. Actually seemed to move the Lana and Clark relationship forward a bit. Beats the many, many "what aren't you telling me? why won't you confide in me" episodes! thumbsup2.gif

This is by far the best episode EVER!

If you like comics, you should be watching this show.

By far the best on screen (TV) adaptation of what makes great comics great.

It was definitely interesting. Actually seemed to move the Lana and Clark relationship forward a bit. Beats the many, many "what aren't you telling me? why won't you confide in me" episodes! thumbsup2.gif

That's why I stopped watching for a while as well; the "why can't you tell me your secret" endings in the loft where too much.

Tonights was fun, I enjoyed them throwing Chloe into the mystery...

***SPOILERS***

**SPOILERS***

I agree that this was the best episode ever. (And I think people have been saying that a ton lately because the episodes are actually getting better every week right now. They're finally rewarding us for putting up with *spoon* for so long.)

The Chloe/meteor-freak thing was great. I *think* she's a technopath which is why she has such an easy time breaking into every computery thing on the show. They certainly hinted that was the deal during the episode, and it would explain how she gets into the things that she does. And who would know you have the power but you? It's not obvious like with most powers.

The Clark/Lana relationship is getting SUPER interesting. (Get it?) At any rate, I hope he comes out to her again. Maybe when he saves her from Zod's baby that she's probably carrying. (Anyone else think that is what is happening there?)

I agree that this was the best episode ever. (And I think people have been saying that a ton lately because the episodes are actually getting better every week right now. They're finally rewarding us for putting up with *spoon* for so long.)

So...

would you say last weeks "whacko security guy needs to save Lana from Lex" episode was an example of each episode getting better?

It was at best filler and you could delete it entirely from this season's episode list and no one would miss it.

I will watch this new episode ( it airs Sunday evenings here ) in hopes of seeing something good.

So...

would you say last weeks "whacko security guy needs to save Lana from Lex" episode was an example of each episode getting better?

It was at best filler and you could delete it entirely from this season's episode list and no one would miss it.

I will watch this new episode ( it airs Sunday evenings here ) in hopes of seeing something good.

It wasn't "the best" but it was on-par with the good ones. Even though it was a "stalker" episode, this time around they revealed a progression of the Lana investigating Clark plot which made it worthwhile.

What I'm trying to say is this season of Smallville has been fantastic, and by-and-large the episodes are getting better (or at least maintaining a level of excellence.) I mean we got Justice, Martian Manhunter, a big Chloe reveal and lots of Green Arrow. Definitely a cut above any prior season.

Not the best episode ever but it did have a couple of great scenes.

Looks like Chloe is "training" Clark on how to use his powers, and Lana is getting close to finding out what the deal is with him as well.

Is Chloe going to turn into Supergirl or Wolverine??? Was she nude?!

By the way, read that Linda Carter will play Chloe's mother in a future episode. Would be funny if they had Adam West too, but since Batman is off-limits maybe they should have him play "Wayne Greyson", a corrupted politician from Gotham City.

Not the best episode ever but it did have a couple of great scenes.

Looks like Chloe is "training" Clark on how to use his powers, and Lana is getting close to finding out what the deal is with him as well.

Is Chloe going to turn into Supergirl or Wolverine??? Was she nude?!

By the way, read that Linda Carter will play Chloe's mother in a future episode. Would be funny if they had Adam West too, but since Batman is off-limits maybe they should have him play "Wayne Greyson", a corrupted politician from Gotham City.

I think they're turning Chloe into Oracle. It also explains her miraculous hacking skills.

Note Queen's pad has a clock tower and Gotham Clock Tower was the base for Birds of Prey. (Oracle, Huntress, and Black Canary's daughter.) In Justice, it was used (with Chloe) in exactly the same manner as Oracle would be used.

Or Adeph in Global Frequency. (Communications command center.)

I think they're turning Chloe into Oracle. It also explains her miraculous hacking skills.

Note Queen's pad has a clock tower and Gotham Clock Tower was the base for Birds of Prey. (Oracle, Huntress, and Black Canary's daughter.) In Justice, it was used (with Chloe) in exactly the same manner as Oracle would be used.

Or Adeph in Global Frequency. (Communications command center.)

Yeah, I mentioned that a while back when they first showed the Queen's headquarters. The set looks a lot like the Birds of Prey tv show.