• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade given by CGC

50 posts in this topic

Is it just me or am I the only one thinking that this copy should of gotten a HG of 9.2 - 9.6. I have one conclusion to the reason why CGC is doing this and it could happen to any number of other submission of books. Which is ....THEY DID THIS ON PURPOSE!! So you would have to resubmit again and CGC goes cha-ching!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Do you know the grader's notes? confused.gif

Jim

No. Here's the ID of the book: 0070874002

Someone can call by phone for me ?

Or do you think i can just ask for the grader's notes by email ?

There is a fairly significant crease at the bottom of the cover that does not break color.

There is a fairly significant crease at the bottom of the cover that does not break color.

This is exactly why I don't really get into these "grade the scan" threads much anymore...I've got a few books exactly like this with big non-color-breaking creases you can't see in a scan. I hate those kinds of defects...they're not easy to see under the dim lights of a comic book convention hall, either!! frown.gif893frustrated.gif

Thanks for this info Steve.

Where's the crease ? left bottom cover or right bottom cover ? Front or back cover ?

I cannot see any crease. confused.gif

I have found the crease, it's near the upper staple. Don't break color but i can see it when i incline the book. Sorry deathlok, nothing around Thor's right foot. It must be transparency of the cover that make you see something.

Well, hold on now... You say you can see a crease near the upper staple... but Dr. Borock states the crease is near the bottom, and he's reading from the notes...

...the plot thickens...

Look, man, CGC isn't perfect, but it's the best option out there.

Dang, where did I put that eye-rolling smiley? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, thought you all might like to know that after purchasing the book from osborn it is now a 9.0 OW?

Grade gets better, pages deteriorate? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

so you resubmitted the book? how did you do it, brole the slab and sent it in, or did you just send it in slabbed to be resubmitted? confused-smiley-013.gif