• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade given by CGC

50 posts in this topic

The real question is:

Is it really worth the gamble to resubmit.

My analysis shows that Avengers #10 in 8.5 sells for around $135, but a 9.0 sells for around $200. Since it cost at least $25 to resubmit, you extra profit was $40. But if the book came back the same grade, you would in theory lose $25.

Just seemed a little risky to me.

Well, thought you all might like to know that after purchasing the book from osborn it is now a 9.0 OW?

Grade gets better, pages deteriorate? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, i'm just back from Burkina Faso and i learn that you have resubmit my book 893naughty-thumb.gif

Great idea thumbsup2.gif.

I'm really happy for you. I still think that this book deserves a 9.2 gossip.gif

And what's happened with Bug ? He's banned ? WTF has happened the last week when i was in Africa ? 893whatthe.gif

Upper Volta was the name given to this country when it was colonized by the frenchs... But it was a long time ago... before president Chirac wink.gif

But what am i saying ? Oh my good i have just hijacked my own thread ! foreheadslap.gif

The real question is:

Is it really worth the gamble to resubmit.

My analysis shows that Avengers #10 in 8.5 sells for around $135, but a 9.0 sells for around $200. Since it cost at least $25 to resubmit, you extra profit was $40. But if the book came back the same grade, you would in theory lose $25.

Just seemed a little risky to me.

The book sold on ebay for $261.88

I sold it $130 to comicmankev when it was a CGC 8.5. So, yes, it was a little risky but this time our fellow U.K collector was right ! 893applaud-thumb.gif