• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America face where Comics Code stamp should be?

12 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif While sorting some comics I noiticed that these two comics had a little Captain America face where the other comics from that time have the Comics Code Authority Stamp. Anyone know why? maybe these issues were not approved by the comics code? Are their more of these? Any ideals just curious confused-smiley-013.gif?

1645249-A%26P.jpg

589a9219c6d73_1645249-AP.jpg.764d31b7fd578913b0d16b06116730bf.jpg

I've seen this on quite a few books. It has nothing to do with the date, but I couldn't tell you why Cap's head is in place of the CCA stamp. I just pulled one of my short boxes and found an Iron Man 209 from August 1986. I read the book and it does have a mild bondage/torture sequence with Morgan Le Fey but I can't imagine it was banned.

This is a US newsstand edition I am 99% sure was bought off a spinner at Osco Drug in St. Joseph, Missouri when it was new. I guess its possible I did get it in a multi-issue bag but I don't remember buying any books like that. It has been 20 years though, so like I say, its possible.

If you'd like to see a scan just tell me how to post it as I am evidently incapable of figuring it out.

I know I have more of these so if there is interest in getting to the bottom of this I am willing to dig them out. My theory is that Marvel was flexing its muscle a bit and decided to put out a few books with no CCA stamp to see if they could get away with it. However, I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time.

I've seen this on quite a few books. It has nothing to do with the date, but I couldn't tell you why Cap's head is in place of the CCA stamp. I just pulled one of my short boxes and found an Iron Man 209 from August 1986. I read the book and it does have a mild bondage/torture sequence with Morgan Le Fey but I can't imagine it was banned.

This is a US newsstand edition I am 99% sure was bought off a spinner at Osco Drug in St. Joseph, Missouri when it was new. I guess its possible I did get it in a multi-issue bag but I don't remember buying any books like that. It has been 20 years though, so like I say, its possible.

If you'd like to see a scan just tell me how to post it as I am evidently incapable of figuring it out.

I know I have more of these so if there is interest in getting to the bottom of this I am willing to dig them out. My theory is that Marvel was flexing its muscle a bit and decided to put out a few books with no CCA stamp to see if they could get away with it. However, I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time.

Ah, St. Jo, MO. Second only to the surface of Mercury in terms of scenery and habitability...