• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the tougher book? -->Marvel Mystery 5 or 9?<--

30 posts in this topic

Nice pick up. Christo_pull_hair.gif Curious what inspired you to purchase this Timely?

hello all...

Ciorac, Billy Parker and Xavier Logan "inspired" me weeks ago, and so I choose Marvel Mystery as my Timely line to collect...

I have a Marvel Comics 1 "pending" , I bought a #2 from Clink 3 weeks ago (but having to return it today, as it has a full split spine, detached cover that was not disclosed-see the Thread I started on it in the GA forum)...got a #3 over 2 weeks ago from Xavier Logan, working on a trade for a #4 from Filter81, so #5 was just next in line, and Metro had one last week, so I reserved/bought it!...but as I have done more research over the past month, I have noticed that #5 and #9 seem quite tough, with me only seeing the one #5 for sale, and knowing where 2 #9's are that I might be able to get one of...hence, my post yesterday that I thought #5 was slightly harder than #9...

will go after 6-9 later this month or next...

rick

Wow Rick! You pick up early Marvels like bread and butta at the market!

hello all...

just a note, I bought Metro's Marvel #5 last week, long before this thread was started....no cut, sorry smile.gif

just a fyi!

rick

Hey Rick, did the Marvel 5 arrive? How's it look? FN-? How is that spine split on the bottom? That book was up in Metro's site for awhile--surprised it didn't sell earlier...glad you made it a home...

As noted before I was going to make a move on this book this week and I'm sorry to see it go. Waited too long and should have went with my gut on this as I do think it was a good buy at the listed price. Looking forward to seeing a better scan of this is defintely one of the hardest issues to come by and one of the better cover for sure. cloud9.gif

hello all...

just a note, I bought Metro's Marvel #5 last week, long before this thread was started....no cut, sorry smile.gif

just a fyi!

rick

Hey Rick, did the Marvel 5 arrive? How's it look? FN-? How is that spine split on the bottom? That book was up in Metro's site for awhile--surprised it didn't sell earlier...glad you made it a home...

As noted before I was going to make a move on this book this week and I'm sorry to see it go. Waited too long and should have went with my gut on this as I do think it was a good buy at the listed price. Looking forward to seeing a better scan of this is defintely one of the hardest issues to come by and one of the better cover for sure. cloud9.gif

Hey P--there's a coverless MM 5 on eBay right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

cool.gif

hello all...

I bought the Marvel 5 with a bunch of other books, so I am on the "time payment" deal with that (my pockets, like most of yours, are only so deep)...hope to have them paid next month (have to sell some more Star Trek action figures!)

rick

hello all...

I bought the Marvel 5 with a bunch of other books, so I am on the "time payment" deal with that (my pockets, like most of yours, are only so deep)...hope to have them paid next month (have to sell some more Star Trek action figures!)

rick

Hey Rick..would love to see a scan of the Marvel 5 when you get it...what "other" books did you get from Metro? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hello all...

rick

Hey Rick..would love to see a scan of the Marvel 5 when you get it...what "other" books did you get from Metro? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hello all...

some Batman and whiz and funny stuff's...enough I had to time payment it smile.gif...

rick