• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Tick question

19 posts in this topic

I did a search to see if this had been asked before but couldn't find anything so I hope this isn't a repeat question. Anyways, anyone have any idea how much the first appearance of the Tick goes for? I don't mean the comic, but his first appearance in the New England Comics newsletter. Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

I did a search to see if this had been asked before but couldn't find anything so I hope this isn't a repeat question. Anyways, anyone have any idea how much the first appearance of the Tick goes for? I don't mean the comic, but his first appearance in the New England Comics newsletter. Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

Have you got one? I've got my copy, but have NEVER seen any for sale. I'd say those are pretty rare, seeing as how it was done in a New England Comics newsletter/catalog and many people probably threw those away.

Mike B.

Have you got one? I've got my copy, but have NEVER seen any for sale. I'd say those are pretty rare, seeing as how it was done in a New England Comics newsletter/catalog and many people probably threw those away.

Mike B.

Yes, I've actually got at least 5 I think, maybe a few more. I'm in the process of trying to organize all my books but haven't come across them yet. I used to mail order my books through them when I was a kid and they gave me a couple for free on one order, and later on before The Tick got his own series, they were offering them for sale as back issues and I picked up a few more for maybe $0.25 each if I remember correctly.

I am willing to offer more than $0.25 for them wink.gif

I just KNEW I'd at least make my money back when I bought them. insane.gif

But seriously, when I get around to locating them, which might take some time, I'll let you and Fandango know as I might be willing to part with one or two of them. thumbsup2.gif

I am willing to offer more than $0.25 for them wink.gif

I just KNEW I'd at least make my money back when I bought them. insane.gif

But seriously, when I get around to locating them, which might take some time, I'll let you and Fandango know as I might be willing to part with one or two of them. thumbsup2.gif

hail.gif

saw a sale at megacon and I would have bought the tick S.E. s/n which was only a $100.00 but someone beat me to it while I was checking out Bedrock City's Batman 1 around the corner.

Hey guys, I finally found a copy of my NEC newsletter with the first appearance of The Tick. Here's the cover and the interior of it.

NEC14FC.jpg

NEC14inside.jpg

Here's his second appearance in the following NEC newsletter:

NEC15inside.jpg

Ooo, I didn't realize it was a little prequel to the regular Tick Special Edition #1. Thanks for sharing. (thumbs u

I know that 9.4 copies of the Tick #1 sell for $125 in NM CGC grades. Raw copies sell for about $90-100 in NM as well (I've sold two raw NM copies on eBay so I should know). I would expect a newsletter prequel to move some where between $50-$200 depending on who all knew about the newsletters and are looking to buy. Of course the wide flux is due to my guestimation. I haven't seen one sell before so maybe it would go for crazy thousands or maybe a couple of bucks. (shrug)

Hey guys, I finally found a copy of my NEC newsletter with the first appearance of The Tick. Here's the cover and the interior of it.

NEC14FC.jpg

NEC14inside.jpg

Here's his second appearance in the following NEC newsletter:

NEC15inside.jpg

wicked1,

Thanks for posting. Those are sweet. I remember distinctly thinking, "maybe I should save this?" right before stuffing it in my trashcan.

Thanks for posting. Those are sweet. I remember distinctly thinking, "maybe I should save this?" right before stuffing it in my trashcan.

No problem sean. I'm just glad I found a copy (I know I have more but I have yet to locate them) and that some people out there actually liked seeing them.