• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Own an authentic Eerie #1 2nd printing

6 posts in this topic

Eerie #1 2nd print (Ebay)

EERIE # 1 WARREN frustrated.gif2nd PRINTING 9.2 NM-. 2 EXTREMELY LIGHT AND TINY COVER INDENTATIONS ON THE SPINE AREA ARE THE ONLY MINOR FLAWS KEEPING THIS GEM FROM GRADING THROUGH THE ROOF 893scratchchin-thumb.gif. PROBABLY THE BEST COPY IN EXISTENCE. A ONE OWNER COMIC AND 27_laughing.gif PRESS FREE 27_laughing.gif. SHIPPING, HANDLING, AND INSURANCE $15.

Nah, nothing really terribly wrong with the description. The 2nd printing tag has always annoyed me as it implies that it was an official Warren printing. Noting that it has not been pressed is just precious IMO insane.gif.

The description also leads a buyer to think that this beauty is just waiting to be sent into CGC for grading which I can gurantee, if CGC grades it, it will be the highest graded copy of Eerie #1 headbang.gif

He aint fibbing but it is a bit misleading.

If it is the (and I'll use the term as well) 2nd printing we need to see the telltale staples and page 18 panel 5 to make sure. The 2nd printing is collectible just for its place in Warren history. The later copy jobs are worthless.

Welp, he responded to my email and Im afraid I was a little too aggressive/accusatory in my initial questions so things are off on a bad note. However Ive asked him/her to place photos of the staple/panels of the book so a buyer can determine whether this is an original counterfeit (I like that wacky term better than 2nd printing).