• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Help With DVD-R Discs

25 posts in this topic

I can attest to the fact that burners can be picky on brands. I used to have no real problems with some name brands such as Maxells but I have had problems with them in the bast year or so.

My guess would be your burner just doesn't like those particular discs. Questioning the software is a semi valid concept except that software is usually not picky about the media used.

I would recommend finding a friend you can pawn the discs on and go out and buy the type of discs you known to work. It is frustrating when it happens but unfortunately it does happen.

Hey,

First off you may want to update your firmware as others were suggesting.

Secondly... although DVDShrink has worked wonders in the past, it is starting to fall behind now. Some of the new encryption isn't being cracked with shrink alone. Even when using ANYDVD along with it.

There is a new program called RipIt4me. You'll want to also download; FixVTS and the original, last DVDDecrypter. Once you download the 2 latter, install ripit4me. Open, and use the 1 click wizard mode. Once it rips through all of the files (automatically) it will then open up shrink for you. Just go ahead and open the files with shrink and continue as you normally would.

If you need further help... feel free to PM!

AYE MATEY!

John thumbsup2.gif

PS: Stay away from Maxell! They use the cheapest and crapiest discs available! I use Fuji and have mad 1 coaster in the last 1.5 years... you can usually get them on the cheap as well.

I can attest to the fact that burners can be picky on brands. I used to have no real problems with some name brands such as Maxells but I have had problems with them in the bast year or so.

My guess would be your burner just doesn't like those particular discs. Questioning the software is a semi valid concept except that software is usually not picky about the media used.

I would recommend finding a friend you can pawn the discs on and go out and buy the type of discs you known to work. It is frustrating when it happens but unfortunately it does happen.

I think Codfish has hit it bang on. Some burners can be picky and manufacturers can change their product. I burn -Rs because they can play on the greatest range of DVD players and computers. I used to swear by Maxwell. The latest batch I bought ... not compatible .. won't burn. A real drag when you get set up to do some serious work.

Dennis