• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: More Fun Comics #52... Here's a close-up image. Feedback please?

36 posts in this topic

df, to be frank (don't call me shirley) that is rather unappealing book even for a 3.0. The spine is ugly, the colors are not strong, the pages are so-so, and what bugs me the most is that the issue number is blotted out.

Personally, I wouldn't do business with this seller either.

Just my .10cents

STEVE

As I suspected - it does not look like a 4.0 - truthfully it's a borderline 3.0 - I would be most worried about the deep crease along the spine - it could be one mishandling away from a 1.0 - may not matter if you don't plan on cracking the slab.

On the plus side the art area looks decent for the grade. They're asking what, 2X guide? - I don't know what FMV is on this book, but as I stated before, the sellers rep makes me uncomfortable, even on a slabbed book.

You're getting some good advice from people who know what they're talking about. I bought a couple of small money books from these characters 5 or 6 years back and what I got were a couple of polybags with comics and tiny pieces of brittle pages in the bottom. Proceed with caution.

As far as popscomics is concerned - I've bought one book from them & it was a good experience. They aren't scammers, but some people question their grading. Since this is slabbed, you know what you're getting. For that money though, I'm not sure I'd spend it on that copy. Metro has a VG+ unslabbed copy for $9K - it's better looking and cheaper. confused-smiley-013.gif

As far as popscomics is concerned - I've bought one book from them & it was a good experience. They aren't scammers, but some people question their grading. Since this is slabbed, you know what you're getting. For that money though, I'm not sure I'd spend it on that copy. Metro has a VG+ unslabbed copy for $9K - it's better looking and cheaper. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree, I'd go with the Metro copy. Its listed as cover cleaned, and the top cover is a little gnarly, but overall its a nicer looking book at a much better price.

I supose that if you accpet their grading, then it could be a good experience.

I just had books that they graded as VF that were closer to VG and another one in the lot was NM that had the cover separated. There was no trouble until I questioned the grade. They made it clear that I was a crook and that under no circumstances would they even consider a return.

That was not until after they played the sick dad card to stall for time. All in all one of the 2 worst experiences on ebay that I have had.

Can someone provide a link to the Metro site?

You can find links to Golden Age comic dealers in the GA Dealer thread. thumbsup2.gif

Here's a link to the More Fun #52... http://www.metropoliscomics.com/bookSear...p;search=Search

--------------------

Looking for GA Batman comics featuring the Joker.... 23,28,40,44,46,49,53,55,57,59,66.

Not to be a 893censored-thumb.gif, but you obviously don't know what you're getting yourself into. The best advice I could give you would be to save your money and do a little self-educating before you drop $15K on something you know very little about. Good investments will always be around, and cool books will always be around, but your $15K won't, so spend it wisely. thumbsup2.gif

Wow! So their "pop" was the owner of the Rockford books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/CATMAN-COMICS-29-CGC...1QQcmdZViewItem

Steer clear of these guys. I mean, seriously. The made up story about their comics is bad enough. When you're going to spend four figures or more on a book (in this case way more) just go with someone reputable and save yourself from the potential of headache.

I would wait for a better low grade copy. If restored copies don't bother you than I would get one with only slight restoration. Heck even the Church copy of More Fun #52 had minor color touch even though it got a blue label! Erik

Here's a close-up image of the MF#52. It's graded CGC Universal 3.0. I'm considering it and would appreciate feedback...

More Fun Comics #52 CGC Universal 3.0

1171643622860_816007218o.jpg

I think this got the KEY BOOK BUMP, IMHO this is a G 2.0. I have many 3.0 in my stable(NOT MF 52's), and all look much better. If price is right, go for it, but man that spine is lousy and page quality is lower, also the issue number is not legible. I could see a 2.5, but I really would only go a GD 2.0. My two Cents!