• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your want list

I currently have ___ books on my watch list.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. I currently have ___ books on my watch list.

33 posts in this topic

I'm too busy smoking crack to write up a watch list.

cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Thats what I picked.

Btw, im working on 2 runs, Green Lantern and Sgt. Fury so while there are a bunch of books on my "want-list" i dont really have anything on it.

When you smoke a lot of crack, only one title is needed on a watch list.

AT25. cloud9.gif

I've recently realized that my want list is getting way out of hand and have had to whittle it down to a more manageable size of about 50 'have to have' books. How many books do you usually on your watch list?

Very good question.

Last year, I was able to stay focused on a want list of 30 or so books, and managed to acquire a surprising number of them by staying focused & passing up other stuff. But in the last few months, I've been bingeing on everything in sight and getting nowhere with my goals. Might be time to pull back on the reins a bit... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Thats what I picked.

Btw, im working on 2 runs, Green Lantern and Sgt. Fury so while there are a bunch of books on my "want-list" i dont really have anything on it.

AT25. cloud9.gif

Or any Archie title thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Thats what I picked.

AT25. cloud9.gif

You must smoke more crack than I apparently.

cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Thats what I picked.

AT25. cloud9.gif

You must smoke more crack than I apparently.

fight.gif

I've recently realized that my want list is getting way out of hand and have had to whittle it down to a more manageable size of about 50 'have to have' books. How many books do you usually on your watch list?

Very good question.

Last year, I was able to stay focused on a want list of 30 or so books, and managed to acquire a surprising number of them by staying focused & passing up other stuff. But in the last few months, I've been bingeing on everything in sight and getting nowhere with my goals. Might be time to pull back on the reins a bit... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm with .5 here. I am now restricting my purchases strictly to completion on my # 1 goal even if it means not buying books for a while but at least I'll have the ready cash to spend when one book pops up and I'll be able to bid more aggressively. (4 books ending on eBay this week alone. Wish me luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif guys. I think I have a shot at getting 3 of them).

I used to buy books that were cool at the time but ended up selling most of them later and I want to limit the turnover in my collection.

I've found that keeping a list has become more necessary as my focus shifts almost exclusively on GA books with great covers as most dealers will list the issue, title and grade but not always a picture. I couldn't always remember which issues of which titles had the covers I was looking for. I understand that scanning can be labor intensive, but I wish more dealers would do it...