• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYC Comic Con report, a Canadian perspective

28 posts in this topic

You guys escaped right before it started snowing again (not that snow is going to scare a Canuck, but it's just a reminder that we do have winter down here south of the border). The last snowstorm had just about gotten cleaned up/melted by the time the show started. Now that I own a house in NYC, I'm really starting to understand what a pain snow is given that I have to shovel 40 feet of sidewalk or get a ticket.

i was going to say something about that taco bell, but i figure if they aren't sick now, they probably didn't eat there. rat poop would have its effect pretty quickly I'd think, unless Canadians are just used to it and immune?

i knew there was a good reason i never ate at taco bell, other than the food being disgusting. there are too many cheap-o hole in the wall mexican takeout places (invariably run by chinese people, but whatever, I don't know if the food is authentic, but it's yummy) where the food actually tastes good and it's cheap as heck.

Thank goodness, greggy and I did not eat at the co-joined Taco Bell/KFC with a side order of mutant rats. Ha, ha.

On the Wed. night, think we ate at the Tick Tock Diner. Yummy turkey burger and cheese burgers washed down with a strawberry shake.

I usually had cajun chicken/alfalfa sprouts wrap for lunch at an excellent take out deli a short walk from the Best Western Convention Ctr hotel. cool.gif

Think the Javits offered a Chinese lunch plate for about $7.99 per pound for those too tired to walk out to the deli. foreheadslap.gif

We had three meals at the Tick Tock diner, right next to the New Yorker hotel. Classic deli and the prices were better than I expected.

Eggs benedict...yum...

Dan