• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone live or work near Washington Street in NYC?

25 posts in this topic

nah, that's not the only reason, but that definitely helps drive up prices, over there it's all sorts if flashy celebrity types too, there's a bunch of fancy condos going up on the river a block away, the olsen twins bought a place down there! if you don't have to ride the subway like the rest of us prols and get driven around everywhere, it's a pretty good location.

Very cool! thumbsup2.gif

Now if I can just get a pic of the facade of the building. Having been built in 1910, it's probably pretty cool looking. Looking at that Google Earth shot, I can't help but imagine those paved streets as dirt roads, with horses and carriages on them, women in big hats, etc.

My great-great-great-grandparents, John and Mary Walsh lived at that address. They were married in 1852, and had six children. Around the turn of the century, John had died, and Mary sold the house. She distributed the money among her children, and then lived the rest of her days in a rest home.

newyork.jpg

A different angle. Don't know if you've seen this one yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WOW. Ghost Town just sent me 15 pictures of the building and the one next to it. Can't say how much I appreciate Barton taking the time and effort to do that. I can't wait to get home tonight and add some of them to the site.

THANKS BARTON!!!!! thumbsup2.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif