• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me or was July 30th a really good comics day

14 posts in this topic

JLA #83,Spectacular Spiderman #2, Silver Surfer #1, Born #2, Fantastic Gour #501,ultimates #11, Flash #200, Batman #617, and Wizard ZERO

HOLLY COW, I felt like I was in heaven!

ALL OF THIS WERE AWESOME.

Some Weeks I feel left down after reading my comics. Some are good Some are terrible, some weeks the whole lot is stinky.

But this week was better than sex!!!!!!

(lights a cigerette)

JLA #83,Spectacular Spiderman #2, Silver Surfer #1, Born #2, Fantastic Gour #501,ultimates #11, Flash #200, Batman #617, and Wizard ZERO

Some Weeks I feel left down after reading my comics. Some are good Some are terrible, some weeks the whole lot is stinky.

(lights a cigerette)

I agree it was a great week for books. I did, however, miss out on the "Fantastic Gour" book. grin.gif

I also picked up a book called Empire.

I wouldn't include JLA, Spectacular Spider-Man, Silver Surfer or Born, as the only one of those that I did get was SSM2, which has some of the UGLIEST Humberto Ramos artwork ever. I flipped thru Surfer twice and was bored silly. Born isn't really interesting to me.

What I did get and how I would rank them out of 10:

8/10 Batman 617

9/10 Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity 2

10/10 Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore TP

7/10 Fantastic Four 501

8/10 Flash 200

not ranked - Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four Vol. 2

5/10 Spectacular Spider-Man 2

8/10 Ultimates 11

not rated - Wizard 0

So aside from the excellent Alan Moore book, I found Trinity 2 to be the best read of the week, with Flash 200 (nice to see Barry and Hal but a stupid "everything is different now" ending) and Batman 617 (one of the better chapters). Ultimates got a high rating but it's way too long between issues to have any impact.

I hear that anyone that ordered the classic dustcover FF masterworks actually received FF Vol. 4 instead of Vol. 2. Vol. 2 in the new cover did ship this week.

Kev

(lights a cigerette)

You need to get out more! 27_laughing.gif

(lights a cigerette)

You need to get out more! 27_laughing.gif

Or find a partner not named "Bugaboo" blush.gif

DAM:

wizard 0 was actually pretty good... I think it was more than 4.99, maybe 5.99 i forget... there's a pretty good jim lee batman story in there with an awesome splash page... I'd pick it up for that alone. Plus there's a pretty good article about neal adams in there. So I think that it's worthwhile.

I agree in that this week was filled with awesome reads. MOst of the books are talked about in separate threads in this forum so I 'll answer with my opinion there. Wizard 0 was the same decent content, with a new face put on it. Reboot gimmick as usual. I'm thinking Valiant man was his money back because they aren't covering Valiant prices/books as much as they used to??? Maybe next Wizard could spotlight the recent sale of that Harbinger Pink 0 CGC 9.8, or the Unity 0 red foil???

10/10 Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore TP

If you read the index/notes section in the back, you'll find some comments that didn't get edited out. Pretty funny stuff. Will try to post page #'s and comments later (once I have the book in front of me). One is something along the lines of :

"Book Title" (not his best work) was written........"

Great book, BTW!

Chris

I'm thinking Valiant man was his money back because they aren't covering Valiant prices/books as much as they used to??? Maybe next Wizard could spotlight the recent sale of that Harbinger Pink 0 CGC 9.8, or the Unity 0 red foil???

Actually, Harbinger #0 Pink sells for multiples of Overstreet every day...

and I'm happy to know that (this time) Wizard has NOTHING to do with it. grin.gif

On one hand, it's crazy that books once listed month after month

as "Top 10" in Wizard can't be found at all in the price guide.

Their "Top 10" LITERALLY means, "Top 10" for about 3 months.

(Yeah, now that's a major investment potential... go get them asap!)

On the other hand, some Valiant books are really taking off as back issues,

and Overstreet and/or Wizard can't possibly be responsible.

What I don't get is how Wizard can show "prices going up" for books that

don't sell ANY higher on Ebay than they ever have...

Example: Superman Volume 2, #123... "UP" this month to $4.50.

Do they mean THIS BOOK?

One bid at $0.50 by "not a registered user" doesn't justify a price increase to me.

Do they mean THIS BOOK?

One bid at $0.50 by "not a registered user" doesn't justify a price increase to me.

I dont think wizard bases their prices on ebay1

Dealer reports yes!

Dealers probably lie and shaft them!

Do they mean THIS BOOK?

I dont think wizard bases their prices on ebay1

Dealer reports yes!

Dealers probably lie and shaft them!

Any dealer making an 8 year old pay $4.50 for a $0.50 book that "glows in the dark"

should re-think his goals in life... (and his likely destination afterwards)