• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 121 & 122

35 posts in this topic

Bought both of these off Ebay about 2 years ago as VF/NM issues. Thanks in advance for looking and offering your opinions, and as I stated in the last two books I posted here I will be reporting the CGC grade once I send them in. thumbsup2.gif

Amazing-Spider-Man-121-F.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-121-B.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-122-F.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-122-B.jpg

The 122 just looks like it didn't lie flat on the scanner, my bet is it isn't trimmed. I'd also go with 9.2 possible 9.4 if there aren't hidden spine bends.

The 122 just looks like it didn't lie flat on the scanner, my bet is it isn't trimmed. I'd also go with 9.2 possible 9.4 if there aren't hidden spine bends.

Looks to my eye like it starts vertical, bends in, and then goes vertical again. Suspect, I think.

I see the same thing, and usually it happens because the book sat vertically in a box for a long time and got a natural little curve (and not a very significant one either). Because of that I would suspect non visible spine bends before trimming.

That said, trimming is always a worry, especially if you've ever been burned before.

The #122 could well end up in a purple label...right edge trimmed. frown.gif

I was thinking the same thing myself Nick, but I believe it's a case of the book not lying properly on the scanner bed due to the colour board on the back of the book shifting it a little.

They both look to be in the 9.0-9.2 range, but....

I really have to start buying your 9.0s.

Normally I say things like that as a jab, but you really do grade the books you sell that tight. hail.gif

Normally I say things like that as a jab, but you really do grade the books you sell that tight. hail.gif

Thanks, man. flowerred.gif

Something that nik seems to have figured out some time ago... crazy.gif

Bought both of these off Ebay about 2 years ago as VF/NM issues. Thanks in advance for looking and offering your opinions, and as I stated in the last two books I posted here I will be reporting the CGC grade once I send them in. thumbsup2.gif

I think you did very well . . . who did you buy them from??? grin.gif

Thanks, man. flowerred.gif

Something that nik seems to have figured out some time ago... crazy.gif

I am waiting for you to finish up with that BA drek and move on to the good stuff. sumo.gif

My experiences on buying hundreds of books off e-bay, which I realize isn't the best reference I found Nick to be the tightest grader and quite often thought he under graded certain books. Still my favorite e-bay seller. hail.gifhail.gif

My experiences on buying hundreds of books off e-bay, which I realize isn't the best reference I found Nick to be the tightest grader and quite often thought he under graded certain books. Still my favorite e-bay seller. hail.gifhail.gif

Easy Fay... I can smell it from here!!! poke2.gif