• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

signed cgcs

20 posts in this topic

What do you all think of getting the cgcs signed?.. Nothing like opening up the cgc cases to get the books or anything but the cgc case it self signed?.. I have a jim lee xmen #1 gatefold 9.8 white pages signed o nthe cgc case. This way I still have a 9.8 book with out it being part of the sig series or with a different label

cool.gif

I got those signed by Dave before SS was around. You might say they were the first SS books.

You mean there was a time before SS!!?? 893whatthe.gif

Well - too each his own. I think if the sig is on the cover it's a POS, and I wouldn't be buying it. Looks like a major defacement. But that's just my personal preferences.

The Sig better be on the book, or else it's POS.

Well - too each his own. I think if the sig is on the cover it's a POS, and I wouldn't be buying it. Looks like a major defacement. But that's just my personal preferences.

Cuz you're nota signature guy gossip.gif

(then again you could like em inside the books, that's ok laugh.gif)

But yes you're right, to each their own.

And DL has it right, when it comes to reholdering..what are you gonna do?

27_laughing.gif

I guess you can keep the plastic holder...but um... confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

Well, since CGC recommends reholdering every seven years, and they don't return the previous holder. That option isn't available. So either your book degrades within the holder because you don't want to reholder or you reholder and lose that sig.

lose-lose choice either way

27_laughing.gif

Well, since CGC recommends reholdering every seven years, and they don't return the previous holder. That option isn't available. So either your book degrades within the holder because you don't want to reholder or you reholder and lose that sig.

Ahh, I guess they would require you to send the whole thing in. foreheadslap.gif

So yeah, lose/lose choice. crazy.gif

If stuff degrades that easly inside cgc graded stuff whats the point of buying it at all?.. let alone non graded books in general laugh.gif

That same logic could be applied to almost anything.

Why buy a car, it will just lose value and degrade over time.

Why buy a house, it will just lose value and degrade over time.

or you crack it out yourself, keep the holder and get it regraded, or try to get it reholdered with just the inner well confused-smiley-013.gif

Cuz you're nota signature guy gossip.gif

(then again you could like em inside the books, that's ok laugh.gif)

thumbsup2.gif

001SSSTARWARS.jpg

Signatures on the front cover seem to deface the book in my eyes. I'd much prefer a signature on the back cover or inside cover. The signed case itself is interesting but I'd be too afraid that any sort of contact with it afterwards would smear the signature.