• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My WonderCon MONSTER Deal: How did I do??

113 posts in this topic

You already know that you got what you wanted. So you're ahead. The real value of this deal is your satisfaction. Sure Action 13 is rare. Did you enjoy it anywhere near as much as the Tec 31 now?

Besides, I bet more people want a Tec 31 over an Action 13. So if for some reason you had to sell the book (thereby discovering it's real cash value) you'd find more takers, quicker.

If you're happy then you did well.

Thanks, and, yes, I am more happy to own the Tec 31 than I have been at any point the last 7 years owning the Action 13---so that is the true indicator of this happy deal cloud9.gif

That is the "truest" indicator in my book.

Yes sir BP!

My Friend.........

I think you did extremely well !!!

You got what you wanted, your new book is probably worth around $12,000.00,which is about what you gave for it, it is very rare that one becomes available(except through a ***bloodsucker) , and it is a killer cover !!!

As for the comments about "please tell me it was restored"...I completely disagree, if the Action #13 was restored it wouldn't have been a deal Harley would have even considered....You deal was killer my friend...Party -on Garth....!!!

Very Cool book Primetime. I was set up across the aisle from that Tec (and Harley) at Wondercon and got a look see before it sold. Nice pickup!

Very Cool book Primetime. I was set up across the aisle from that Tec (and Harley) at Wondercon and got a look see before it sold. Nice pickup!

Were you the dealer that had the high end ASM 17 and DD 158?

That be me. (It was a #168 (1st Elektra))

great book to get no matter what. i didn't read all the posts, so i don't know if anyone mentioned this: i would have charged the comic, then forced myself to sell the listed comics on the boards. i think all the issues would've moved quickly at reasonable prices. harley has to make a profit, so i think his offer was fair. i hold the record for worst trade: i traded my giant-size x-men 1 for a howard the duck 1 in 1979... both were near mint. i only had a 1.50 into the x-men. if you made a few bucks on your books, then that's even better. wink.gif

great book to get no matter what. i didn't read all the posts, so i don't know if anyone mentioned this: i would have charged the comic, then forced myself to sell the listed comics on the boards. i think all the issues would've moved quickly at reasonable prices. harley has to make a profit, so i think his offer was fair. i hold the record for worst trade: i traded my giant-size x-men 1 for a howard the duck 1 in 1979... both were near mint. i only had a 1.50 into the x-men. if you made a few bucks on your books, then that's even better. wink.gif

Thanks Mike..A Howard the Duck #1? What were you thinking?? poke2.gif

C'mon Ben, Howard The Duck was incredibly popular for a week or so... stooges.gifwink.gif

C'mon Ben, Howard The Duck was incredibly popular for a week or so... stooges.gifwink.gif

Is there a 10.0 CGC blue H.The Duck? I wonder what that would go for? There's a buyer for everything cloud9.gif

Is there a 10.0 CGC blue H.The Duck? I wonder what that would go for? There's a buyer for everything cloud9.gif

I loved the movie when I was a kid. Brings back some memories

I think that the Disco Duck song and the summer heat played terrible tricks on my twelve year old mind. I probably made the Comics and Comix "Best Trades Ever" list though. (in their favor). confused-smiley-013.gif In better news, there's a Tec 31 in my area that has been out of circulation a while. Hopefully, I can compare my deal with yours, by this summer.