• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My WonderCon MONSTER Deal: How did I do??

113 posts in this topic

The more and more I think about this deal Ben, I think you did very well with your Tec 31 acquisition. Monetarily I think both you and Harley did well, but you got one of the best GA covers in the known world. headbang.gif

Selling my 31 was painful. The pages on that comic were beautiful, so were the colors. Just a lovely book. It will be missed.

Yea, that was a huge sacrifice selling all your pre-robin tecs unless you have some more? If so, let me know.. But I guess it is worth it to buy the "big book" which I can't wait to see

You already know that you got what you wanted. So you're ahead. The real value of this deal is your satisfaction. Sure Action 13 is rare. Did you enjoy it anywhere near as much as the Tec 31 now?

Besides, I bet more people want a Tec 31 over an Action 13. So if for some reason you had to sell the book (thereby discovering it's real cash value) you'd find more takers, quicker.

If you're happy then you did well.

do you have a back cover scan of this book Primetime ? just curious.

Ah, my fault Dude...I read it wrong...no BC scan yet...just a front..sorry...

cool, post one when you can thumbsup2.gif

I have the scan of the back cover (direct from Harley) of Primetime's Tec #31:

409810436_4c966308fc_b.jpg

GE

The more and more I think about this deal Ben, I think you did very well with your Tec 31 acquisition. Monetarily I think both you and Harley did well, but you got one of the best GA covers in the known world. headbang.gif

Thanks John! Harley emailed me and said the Action went for about 2x---about $3600 or so....

I think you did great. But, I like what Bill did a couple of weeks ago, sell the trade bait to raise the cash. You could have given Harley a deposit to hold the book.

Yah, we talked about that option, but I didn't want to wait to flip the books...I just had to leave the show with the Tec in hand yay.gif

You already know that you got what you wanted. So you're ahead. The real value of this deal is your satisfaction. Sure Action 13 is rare. Did you enjoy it anywhere near as much as the Tec 31 now?

Besides, I bet more people want a Tec 31 over an Action 13. So if for some reason you had to sell the book (thereby discovering it's real cash value) you'd find more takers, quicker.

Thanks, and, yes, I am more happy to own the Tec 31 than I have been at any point the last 7 years owning the Action 13---so that is the true indicator of this happy deal cloud9.gif

Thanks, and, yes, I am more happy to own the Tec 31 than I have been at any point the last 7 years owning the Action 13---so that is the true indicator of this happy deal cloud9.gif

That is the "truest" indicator in my book.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif

Just took a quick look at the census. Only 7 copies graded with none higher than 5.5. The census doesn't even show the 4.0 copy yet.

that can't be right. I had this Action 13 slabbed 7 years ago...

That is true. Because I sold it to you 7 years ago.

Steve

However, Action 13 is a tougher book to get. Detective 31s are in demand but have always been around.

Steve

Nothing else matters!!! thumbsup2.gif

Just took a quick look at the census. Only 7 copies graded with none higher than 5.5. The census doesn't even show the 4.0 copy yet.

that can't be right. I had this Action 13 slabbed 7 years ago...

That is true. Because I sold it to you 7 years ago.

Steve

Yes you did Steve. Good record keeping...and I don't think you have had too many copies of Act13 since then...?

However, Action 13 is a tougher book to get. Detective 31s are in demand but have always been around.

Steve

I agree Steve...SinceI bought that 4.0 copy from you 7 years ago, I want to say that I have only seen one other copy on the market--which was a 2.5 on C-link a few years ago....

I guess its safe to say that whomever bought the Detroit Trolley copy for $5,600 last year made out like a bandit. Another great purchase PT. thumbsup2.gif

Yah, that was a good deal for them..I tried to get that copy, but the owner won't sell..I don't blame him....