• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Superman #6

15 posts in this topic

With the full-length spine tape, I'm thinking it might be a 2.5 max. To be honest, I'm never quite sure how to grade GA books with fully taped spines. The first Overstreet Grading Guide used to show examples that graded out as 2.0, but I'm not exactly sure where the grading standards are on this anymore. Curious where the rest of you come out on this.

In any case, great book! thumbsup2.gif

Don't know what to grade it... Good sounds about right.

Would you consider restoration? It looks like an excellent candidate. With a minimal amount of work (tape removal, clean, spine seal) this book could really shine.

Would that not get slabed as slight A?

It would probably get a Slight or Moderate P if sent to a restorer.

I'd take a Slight or Moderate P Superman #6 around 7.0 - 8.0 anyday of the week.

Plus, the tape will probably eventually destroy the spine. If it were mine, I'd almost feel a duty to get that tape off and fix it with archival materials. I'd much rather have a purple label than an entirely taped spine.

Depends on how bad the spine would be without the tape. If it was largely unecassary then I would say 2.5 - but you indicate the cover is barely hamgiong on - if the spine is nearly split under the tape then possibly as low as 1.5 - good resto candidate IMHO - as it looks pretty nice otherwise.

I'd take a Slight or Moderate P Superman #6 around 7.0 - 8.0 anyday of the week.

Plus, the tape will probably eventually destroy the spine. If it were mine, I'd almost feel a duty to get that tape off and fix it with archival materials. I'd much rather have a purple label than an entirely taped spine.

Why restore and then grade it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif If you're going to have it restored, just put it in Mylar. Or, just leave it be and enjoy it for what it iscloud9.gif

Depends on how bad the spine would be without the tape. If it was largely unecassary then I would say 2.5 - but you indicate the cover is barely hamgiong on - if the spine is nearly split under the tape then possibly as low as 1.5 - good resto candidate IMHO - as it looks pretty nice otherwise.

sumo.gif

Why restore and then grade it?

I wouldn't get it graded. I was just answering someone's question as to the level of restoration.

hm If you're going to have it restored, just put it in Mylar.

thumbsup2.gif

Or, just leave it be and enjoy it for what it iscloud9.gif

Tape is eating spine. gossip.gif My duty as a lover of the art form would be to preserve it. angel.gif