• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2023 at 5:19 PM, Earthshaker01 said:

1938 "War of the Worlds." Came out a few months after the radio address scared people. Extremely tough to find in high grade. 

20220807_125733.jpg

Never seen that one before, and I'd suspect that it's tough to find in any grade.

Here's my copy of the Classics Illustrated version.

The War of The Worlds.jpg

I have a big stack of random GA that I was bagging tonight and came across this.  I think it might be a Rockford book.  I know it would be late in the collection.  I know what CGC states about the collection with the letter stamp.  But they don’t mention an S.  I googled Rockford Collection and came across a site that showed a picture of a book they claim is a Rockford with the same type of faded S stamp.  So, just trying to figure out if it is or isn’t.  I couldn’t find a list of the books from the collection online anywhere, I’m not sure that even exists.  What do you think?  

IMG_3439.jpeg

IMG_3440.jpeg

On 7/29/2023 at 9:41 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I have a big stack of random GA that I was bagging tonight and came across this.  I think it might be a Rockford book.  I know it would be late in the collection.  I know what CGC states about the collection with the letter stamp.  But they don’t mention an S.  I googled Rockford Collection and came across a site that showed a picture of a book they claim is a Rockford with the same type of faded S stamp.  So, just trying to figure out if it is or isn’t.  I couldn’t find a list of the books from the collection online anywhere, I’m not sure that even exists.  What do you think?  

IMG_3439.jpeg

IMG_3440.jpeg

I'm 99.9% sure that isn't a Rockford.  The Rockford 'S' doesn't have the kinks at the end of the lines, and I've never seen a Rockford in that kind of beat up shape. 

On 7/30/2023 at 9:34 AM, buttock said:

I'm 99.9% sure that isn't a Rockford.  The Rockford 'S' doesn't have the kinks at the end of the lines, and I've never seen a Rockford in that kind of beat up shape. 

Thank you.  I wasn’t sure.  I hoped it was of course, but that’s ok.  I’ve been trying to be a little more educated on pedigrees lately.  That way, if I do come across one in the wild, I can recognize it.