• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

It is obviously Ults as "She is the Ults!"

Underrated L.B. Cole cover. While not as cool as the sci-fi cover to 11, I've always liked the cover to this issue of Capt. Flight. If I recall the Gerber Photo-Journal copy has more of an orange background, but I find the red more striking. I've noticed alot of the old Four Star publications with L.B. Cole covers seem to come in varying degrees of color intensity - notably Catman 32 and Capt. Aero 26, which seem to come in pale blue and electric blue variations.

cf.jpg

Underrated L.B. Cole cover. While not as cool as the sci-fi cover to 11, I've always liked the cover to this issue of Capt. Flight. If I recall the Gerber Photo-Journal copy has more of an orange background, but I find the red more striking. I've noticed alot of the old Four Star publications with L.B. Cole covers seem to come in varying degrees of color intensity - notably Catman 32 and Capt. Aero 26, which seem to come in pale blue and electric blue variations.

Love those Cole WWII/airplane covers!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Some of the Four Stars were reprinted (printed?) in Canada and the cover colors are definitely different than their US counterparts. I bought a Canadian version of Blue Bolt 108 and the color scheme was pretty dreadful, it looked like one of the "4 colors" was not printed at all!!