• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Beautiful Batmans.

I believe these are very undervalued so you might just want to hold onto them. That 9.2 NM- X-men 4 and 5 are worth more than VG/F Batman 4 and 5 is sort of wrong.

Or I have a box of valiants I could trade them for.

Seriously, I do have some mid - high grade CGC 9-97 Supermans for trade if you are more interested in Superman.

Two of my favorite books, especially BATMAN #5(I paid 45.00 for a Fair graded copy that would probably grade a Good these days, and then traded it for some other books... frown.gif).

If I had the dough, I'd offer to buy that one from ya. Despite the writing on the cover, it's a real nice book.

Here are some issues

sboy1.jpg

I noticed the arrival date on your Superboy #1, interesting. I had a Superboy #1 many years ago with a "Dec 29th 1948" arrival date stamped on it's front cover!

West

Regarding Superboy #1 - check out the little girl's expression, and notice what she's looking at! shocked.gif

Is Superman telling her to "Look Inside" his pants if she wants to know how big it is?!

Edited by Mephisto44

I just got this from Gary Dolgoff. The first Barks DD in WDCS. Not in the greatest shape, and the centerfold is missing(not affecting any stories), but I'm happy to have a copy:

Oops. Sorry, I don't know how to make the pic appear in the post! 893frustrated.gif

Well, at least you can check out the attachment! insane.gif

560689-WaldDsCS31.jpg.6bcac1eb772e0604c201ea9797553951.jpg

Edited by Doiby_Dickles

I just got this from Gary Dolgoff. The first Barks DD in WDCS. Not in the greatest shape, and the centerfold is missing(not affecting any stories), but I'm happy to have a copy:

560689-WaldDsCS31.jpg

Great cover! Congrats.

Great book, any other Disney's?

I'm waiting on a copy of FOUR COLOR #159("The Ghost of the Grotto") in VG+, and have a ratty Donald Duck #26. I had a sharp copy of that one, but sold it for a song! frown.gif