• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

My meager contribution, here are some John Stanley books I picked up at the Chicago Wizard convention plus a Plasticman I got at Heritage. Nothing very high grade but I am happy to owe all of these cloud9.gif

FC120.jpg

FC143.jpg

FC183.jpg

812065007o.jpg

Wow, lots of great books being posted today! I always love Schomburg covers with hooded menaces, and the Blue Beetle is great, too!

I just got this one from Gary Dolgoff today. Structurally, a very nice 2.0. Too bad about the writing on the cover, but I still love this book!

575747-worldsfinestcomics4%28winter%29copy.jpg

Ever wonder why Comic Cavalcade #6 was so rare compared to its peers?

Here's the answer: GUILT TRIP

ComicCavalcade6Front.jpg

It contains a full page public service strip featuring Wonder Woman (right after her story) explaining the need to organize waste paper salvage groups for the war effort, showing how soldiers' rations are packed in paper, shells are wrapped in paper, and other war essentials ("bomb bands, practice bombs, wing tips, airplane signals, parachute flares") are all converted from paper.

Then, after the Green Lantern story, there's another full page public service strip featuring Doiby Dickles tackling and trying to arrest a businessman who throws a newspaper into a garbage can instead of recycling it.

Then, after the Flash story, there's yet another full page public service strip featuring the Flash urging YOU to help in the scrap paper salvage drive!

It's a wonder any copies of this issue surivived at all.

Geeze Jeff! That cover is just astounding! First time I have seen it and it really is memorable! Just great!

Thanks POV. We should get together sometime and you can see it in person...I think every book looks better in person. Plus, since it's slabbed, I can wipe off the drool!