• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

They're making a birthday cake. Very cool - I never knew Kelly did any duck covers.

foreheadslap.gif It just looks like Huey (or is it Duey? Louie?) is holding the candles and is ready to add them to the cake mix. confused.gif

at the risk of being attacked by Barks fans, I actually prefer the kelly duck covers!

Rjpb - Walt did most of the 1st 100, and several after as well.

Barks v. Kelly is apples and oranges. They were both masters and I'm proud to have work by both in my collection.

at the risk of being attacked by Barks fans, I actually prefer the kelly duck covers!

I agree!

Kelly was definitely at his best with covers and Barks was at his best with narrative storylines. Both are great comic book gods and a Kelly cover over a Barks interior is my idea of Duck nirvana cloud9.gif

There's a raw G+ copy on the Link, but they're asking $300.

Ow! I'll pass on that - if that's the going frieght on that book, then I'll have to move it to my B list.

Well, it's been listed there for quite some time, so the going rate must be a bit lower.