• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

I don't have this in my possession yet, but I just sent my bucks in for this one. I dunno about CGG, but the price was right, and I'm paying for the book, not the grading service label:

Nice book, and great cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't have this in my possession yet, but I just sent my bucks in for this one. I dunno about CGG, but the price was right, and I'm paying for the book, not the grading service label:

Nice book, and great cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree! NICE book and great cover!! I never get tired of looking at those old Batman covers. Congrats!

Woogie saw in my sig line that I needed this book and gave me the heads up when a copy became available. Thanks Woogie! One of my grail books...

exciting39.jpg

Great book! Congratulations!

My god, those Nazis are pure EVIL I tells ya. If they really wanted to kill kids in a war zone, they could easily shoot them. But NO, they're taking the time and effort to develop a candy-poisoning injection system.

Pure evil!

Picked this up at WW Dallas. Been waiting a long time on this one...

BlackCatMysteries_050.jpg

That's a book I've always wanted too, but the price always seems sky high whenever I come across one. Congrats on your purchase!

637898-DETECTIVE68CGG4.5VGcrow.jpg

Hopefully it's not restored. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Do you plan on keeping it in the CGG/PGA holder?

I just got it today. I did take it out of the holder and it looks great. I don't see any obvious signs of restoration, but I'm not really an expert either. Maybe I'll send it off to CGC just to be safe.

A nice Fawcette cover 1950 nn one shot. Double cover helps. I need to consider collecting double covers as the interior covers are pedigree quality nice. Definitely need to bought raw as the exterior is a Fine at best and has the usual non-freshness most average 50's books have. If you CGC'd it the beauty is sorta gone.

This one has a small tear on the back cover which pulls it down a bit but it has the feel of a NM. Not too shabby for a 1950 Avon.

scan.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Here's my latest acuisition. This one's busted the budget for a little while (along with a 153, 158 and 162 from eBay), but it's a beauty. It was graded VG/F, but the eye appeal is nice. The back cover has some flaws that take it from the F to the VG.

lxjkh

Here's my latest acuisition. This one's busted the budget for a little while (along with a 153, 158 and 162 from eBay), but it's a beauty. It was graded VG/F, but the eye appeal is nice. The back cover has some flaws that take it from the F to the VG.

lxjkh

Great book, one of my favorite Batman covers. Congrats!

Posted this in the pre-code horror thread, but I like it so much, I'll post it here too! Weird Tales of the Future #7, featuring what may be Bernard Baily's best cover... and maybe my favorite pre-code horror cover.

652982-weird7_2.jpg

Edited by paull