• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,420 posts in this topic

Thanks! #98 is tough to find in decent shape... I got it (and the Whiz 58) from Redbeard at WonderCon. I always seem to drop a few hundred bucks with him at that show...I guess it's a good thing I don't live closer to his shop in Tahoe...!

I love the Joe Kubert Sargon the Sorcerer Story in this one.

735345-Sensation57.jpg

Uh oh ... I recognize that "G" in the corner.

What year is this Sensation from again? makepoint.gif

It's a Reilly..IT'S A REILLY...Get it slabbed quick. Heritage is looking for consignments. insane.gif

Whiz33.jpg

Well what did you expect for $15.00 Canadian??

BTW, it has no back cover and where it isn't waterstained the pages are OW/W acclaim.gif.

...and I already read it. What great stories!

Congrats! Great cover! - and the price doesn't seem all that crazy- wasn't there a BIN on that auction higher than that? The Chesler I'd love to find is Dynamic #8, but it seems any copy I see, the seller is asking way too much for ( I'm not sure if anyone's buying, but if they are I guess it's only too much for me ).

By the way Rip, you don't happen to have an extra copy of the Strange Detective you took your avatar from do you?

Congrats! Great cover! - and the price doesn't seem all that crazy- wasn't there a BIN on that auction higher than that? The Chesler I'd love to find is Dynamic #8, but it seems any copy I see, the seller is asking way too much for ( I'm not sure if anyone's buying, but if they are I guess it's only too much for me ).

Yea thats another book I'd love to find.

By the way Rip, you don't happen to have an extra copy of the Strange Detective you took your avatar from do you?

I sold my extra about a year and a half ago. Love that book cloud9.gif

Reeking of malevolence---Dynamic 8 by Gus Ricca...

738031-1dynam8.jpg

That's a nice copy! Most of the ones I've seen look like [#@$%!!!].

Duck books in general seem somewhat overlooked, with only some hard core collectors pursuing them. I know that as soon as I am finished with school and have the disposable income, early WDCS and 4-color issues will shoot to the top of my want list. Strangely enough, my all-time favorite Disney cover is WDCS 8, which isn't a Duck cover. I love it, Clarabelle looks so insanely happy watering her flowers that I crack up no matter how many times I see it. That will be one of the first issues I track down when I finally get some scratch together.