• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,420 posts in this topic

Yeah, but I already have a reader for this one, so I don't NEED to free it. But is does look like it wants to get out...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Very nice book, Bob thumbsup2.gif

And, yes you should free it smile.gif

'tec 27

771070-1dec27.jpg

Your right, Jon, books like these are beyond the reach of many, even lower grade or restored books. Marvel Comics # 1, Action Comics # 1 and the Detective Comics # 27 are grails for a reason. You've got at least two out of three. thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Dare I ask,......do you, ahem,......have an Action Comics # 1 too? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

....matter of fact, I do.....

777741-1action1.jpg

777741-1action1.jpg.e095c556572ecce95e1c43b01f3d934b.jpg

'tec 27

771070-1dec27.jpg

Your right, Jon, books like these are beyond the reach of many, even lower grade or restored books. Marvel Comics # 1, Action Comics # 1 and the Detective Comics # 27 are grails for a reason. You've got at least two out of three. thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Dare I ask,......do you, ahem,......have an Action Comics # 1 too? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

....matter of fact, I do.....

777741-1action1.jpg

Y-o-u-a-r-e-k-i-l-l-i-n-g-m-e!!! takeit.gif

So, Jon, what is your single favorite book in all of your collection? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

...my favorite cover is Mystery Men Comics 3......sort of avoids your question....jon

Oh come on,.....which one is your all-time favorite? confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow!! What's the grade on your Action 1, Jon?

about a VG+, there is a small chip out of spine by the No. 1 and a sun shadow in lower right.....nice pages.....nice solid copy

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

Great book, Jon!

You know you've got one !!! makepoint.gif

Spill the beans,.....we can handle the truth!

again...forget 'historical' inport.....but being a Lou Fine fan Mystery Men 3 does it for me....but since you are pushing, I like my Larson copy better than my Church copy.....jon

You know you've got one !!! makepoint.gif

Spill the beans,.....we can handle the truth!

again...forget 'historical' inport.....but being a Lou Fine fan Mystery Men 3 does it for me....but since you are pushing, I like my Larson copy better than my Church copy.....jon

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

A true Archie Andrew's dilemma: Betty or Veronica?

They're both beautiful,............ 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Edited by FUELMAN

It's humbling to see a single book that is worth more than my entire collection combined.

Incredible stuff as usual Jon.

It's humbling to see a single book that is worth more than all of my possessions combined, never mind the comics! hail.gif

Jon,

if you don't mind my asking, knowing how extensive your collection is, are there books you are still looking for and acquiring or are you satisfied with your collection as is? Are there some collecting goals you had starting out or decided upon in the meantime that you have still to accomplish (after all those years)?

I am asking you because I know once I am done with my March '52 project, there are quite a few other goals that are solidifying in my mind that I hope I can then embark on and I'd like the insights of a "veteran". And I am also asking these questions to others here such as Adam, Fuelman, RHG, 123ksk, tth2, HarveyDude, ... or anyone else. Should we put a limit? such as: only answer this question if you have been collecting for over X years: let's say 20 years. We can relax that if only few of us have been at it this long.

Thanks for any answer you can provide.