• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Holy c r a p ... a grand for the Suspense #3? Even in the condition it's in, I still think that's a good deal.

Me too. acclaim.gif

It feels almost surreal to actually own a copy of this book, even in this condition: 847994-scan0003.jpg

A belated Congratulations!! And I do mean Congrats!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif Get that puppy restored,like you said. It'll be a Beauty!! cloud9.gif

I've been looking to have a copy of this book in low grade for about ten years now and I'm thrilled to find this one. I had an opportunity to buy one in similar condition about 8 months ago, shuffled my feet, and missed out on it. I kicked myself and realized that when something comes along that you want, sometimes you just have to jump in... don't think too much.

This copy is complete with no pieces missing, but has a complete spine split... the front and back cover are separate pieces. Not a problem for me... I wouldn't be able to afford a VG copy of this book anyway.

The reason I've always been interested in this book is how the main villian is repurposed from his look and purpose in his early appearances and is now a pre-code horror spook who no longer wears Nazi uniforms.

853057-capt_74_1.jpg

Edited by paull

I've been looking to have a copy of this book in low grade for about ten years now and I'm thrilled to find this one. I had an opportunity to buy one in similar condition about 8 months ago, shuffled my feet, and missed out on it. I kicked myself and realized that when something comes along that you want, sometimes you just have to jump in... don't think too much.

This copy is complete with no pieces missing, but has a complete spine split... the front and back cover are separate pieces. Not a problem for me... I wouldn't be able to afford a VG copy of this book anyway.

The reason I've always been interested in this book is how the main villian is repurposed from his look and purpose in his early appearances and is now a pre-code horror spook who no longer wears Nazi uniforms.

853057-capt_74_1.jpg

hail.gif

I bought these as part of a Disney collection 1-88 that I've shown in other threads. These three were 3 of 4 that graded 8.0 or better. The gentleman who bought them collected them in the 60's and he recently passed away. It was interesting that his notes on the books had questions about Carl Barks and other things that must have been tough to learn back in those days. The prices he paid were pretty interesting as well as you can imagine.

Most of the books were VG to F but these really stood out.