• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,441 posts in this topic

And finally...a book that I bought about a year ago and just got back from Matt Nelson at the Chicago show--I think he did a pretty good job cloud9.gif

896530-pep22.jpg

hail.gif

The other books are great, too! gossip.gif

I am going to post this in my Chicago con report, whenever I get around to finish writing it, but these were so nice I just decided to show them off here as well. These weren't actually purchased at the Chicago show, I got them from 143ksk and he delivered them to me the show.

animal1.jpg

FC148-Pogo.jpg

I am going to post this in my Chicago con report, whenever I get around to finish writing it, but these were so nice I just decided to show them off here as well. These weren't actually purchased at the Chicago show, I got them from 143ksk and he delivered them to me the show.

animal1.jpg

FC148-Pogo.jpg

Beautiful stuff! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is a book that I've been searching for. It's Bomber Comics #3, with a cover that I fell in love with the first time I saw it... especially since Horrific Comics #2 (one of my favorites, also by the Iger Studio) was swiped/borrowed/traced from this one.

I want to give a big "thank you!" to Comicdey for selling me his copy of this book. He's a great guy who decided to help out a fellow collector. Thanks and good luck! Hopefully he'll post his copy of Bomber #4 here soon.

897839-bomber3.jpg

897839-bomber3.jpg.54e3b97c63c4b235a3696b00f72cc263.jpg

Edited by paull

Welcome to the boards hi.gif

That's a very cool book. I still remember hearing about one of the guys at Heritage who wrote a description of a Future Comic. He was new to GA comics and wrote something like "This comic stars the Lone Ranger, although he looks a little strange in the early days with a chicken hat rather than a cowboy hat."

27_laughing.gif

It was changed before it went into the catalog.

Beautiful stuff!

Stuff? STUFF!!!??? DD - you are considerably more eloquent than "stuff". I mean...sheesh! wink.gif

Would it be more eloquent if he said he's now waiting for his Carp to arrive?!? makepoint.gif

Beautiful stuff!

Stuff? STUFF!!!??? DD - you are considerably more eloquent than "stuff". I mean...sheesh! wink.gif

Would it be more eloquent if he said he's now waiting for his Carp to arrive?!? makepoint.gif

No. That would be mundane. it would be more eloquent if DD had said he was waiting for his Koi to arrive! tongue.gif

::voice from the dead propelled by newsprint coming at YOU!::

Beautiful stuff!

No. That would be mundane. it would be more eloquent if DD had said he was waiting for his Koi to arrive! tongue.gif

27_laughing.gifyay.gif

Beautiful stuff!

I like the word "stuff". sumo.gifflowerred.gif

Beautiful stuff!

How about: I'm waiting for my cooked dead goldfish to arrive?