• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Very cool books Fuel!!!!

I bought the MF #57 earlier this Summer and just paid it off. Pricey book but well worth it. It will go up on the site shortly. Most of my MFs are now on the site though the recent Heritage wins (4 more Edgar Church books) haven't arrived yet. As soon as they do, up they go!

My latest addition to my More Fun collection is a beaut.

The Edgar Church copy of #57 featuring a classic Spectre cover.

928108-MoreFun57MH.jpg

Mark you should seriously consider resubing that book it has 9.4 written all over it, although I'm sure CGC would reconize it as soon as it comes in. Smoking cover gloss. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Because I have a CGC 8.5 copy of Blue Ribbon #1 I was drawn to pick up this second issue from 1939 so that I could actually read some of the stories. I wish I could convey smells via these images because this book has the quintessential GA smell. Smells like my grandfather's old home I knew as a kid!!!!

Unfortunately, upon reading it I came to realize that about 8 pages have separated from the staples. frown.gif

936375-Blueribbon2.jpg

Ohmigod that's just hideous...not only the language, but also classifying and categorizing african-americans as being some kind of natural oddity like some weird animal or tree. Wow, that's just almost as bad as the cover to Air Fighters #6 in terms of wearing racism completely on the sleeve.

Here's one you don't see often for sale. 1st Blue Beetle cover , If i had to guess , George Tuska art , not Lou Fine.I personally think this book is more Rare then # 8 , even though # 8 is a Classic Cover"Lou Fine" which I own also.From my collection!!!

scan0005.jpg

Here's one you don't see often for sale. 1st Blue Beetle cover , If i had to guess , George Tuska art , not Lou Fine.I personally think this book is more Rare then # 8 , even though # 8 is a Classic Cover"Lou Fine" which I own also.From my collection!!!

scan0005.jpg

Great book!893applaud-thumb.gif

Just picked this one up on ebay cool.gif

947296-cdnp22.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifhail.gif

I covet that book - looks fantastic for a 4.0 - and WHITE PAGES!

Probably still an undervalued key - considering it's a classic cover as well.

Probably still an undervalued key - considering it's a classic cover as well.

I agree completely thumbsup2.gif Seems crazy to me that a 1942 first issue of a long running title and first of its genre can Guide for $500 in VG 893whatthe.gif Plus the cover's pretty cool, too cool.gif And this is the only copy on the census (it's actually not even on the census yet!)

It's not really a title I collect, it just seemed to be such a neat book for not much money that I had to get it smile.gif

I searched and searched for this book for years, with only bob beerbohm's overgraded absurdly overpriced copy to be found. Then I found this one, and the shipper didn't pack well (thus the LRHC) - still a keeper!

953566-airace22.jpg

953566-airace22.jpg.b2c8fdf451a0ed94741aa901ac980ba6.jpg

Classic!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif I seem to remember years ago Bob had a copy. Is that the same one you were talking about? That is a scarce book, that's the only I've ever recalled seeing for sale also.