• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Thats what I was thinking, it look like a drop of paint on the cover. I would expect even amature color touch to not raise up like that. Unless, they used a drop of paint or nail polish. frown.gif

$30 at the LCS tonight. It looked like a nice copy. so I pulled it down. Probably a Fine min, marked as a VG and priced at the non fox title western thrillers. All the stars aligned. I never get that kind of deal at the LCS.

Western Thrillers #1 Fox GGA inside. Bullets through a man's neck, a womans shoulder/chest and a woman knifing a man in the back, along with can can girls.... cloud9.gif1227358-ComicBook1447.JPG

1227358-ComicBook1447.JPG.e99ef154862f0a03cc9909f6eca9ec07.JPG

and an impulse purchase for $22.

likely the 2nd little dot appearance as the first was in Sad Sack #1??

this is one month later.

I love the infinity cover. 1227372-ComicBook1449.JPG

1227372-ComicBook1449.JPG.29be2aaf55c1e85772d92dae7273554c.JPG

Sometimes you CAN get lucky on ebay. My run continues!

This book has that damage on the lower corner which continues into the interior with corner rips but the pieces are still attached! Binding is tight. The paper is supple but either their printing was bad or there may have been some moisture damage to the cover interior and first page. Hard to grade this book. Oh, and the brown strip down the right side of the cover is the registration not the first page peaking through. Pages are OW.

Planet4.jpg

Sometimes you CAN get lucky on ebay. My run continues!

This book has that damage on the lower corner which continues into the interior with corner rips but the pieces are still attached! Binding is tight. The paper is supple but either their printing was bad or there may have been some moisture damage to the cover interior and first page. Hard to grade this book. Oh, and the brown strip down the right side of the cover is the registration not the first page peaking through. Pages are OW.

Planet4.jpg

Nice pick up. That would look nice next to my #1 cloud9.gif

Nice pick up. That would look nice next to my #1 cloud9.gif
Thanks! And conversely, perhaps your #1 would like nice next to my #4 -- and all my other Gerber Photo Journal cover books. tongue.gif I'm 36% complete on my quest for those keeping score at home.