• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Thanks, .5. No, no Wolverton. The interior are actually looking better than I feared. Nice full page splashes. Only 3 stories I think so there's room for story development (as much as that will mean for GA books). I hate it when a book is expensive strictly for the cover and the interiors are 893censored-thumb.gif. Not the case here.

This just in! One of my holy grails from the Strange Adventure runs. Bought this as a VG; I think it's a tad better than that, don't you?

1278804-sa16_01copy.jpg

Easter Island Man never quite made it in the superhero world did he? I guess being able to enlarge your head to 50x its actual size just didn't intimidate the evil-doers. You think he at least could have made it in the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

First Wolverton Spacehawk. And an (uncredited in Overstreet, but most certainly) Everett cover.

WP, that is an amazing TARGET. I love that cover (definately an Everett), and the colors on your copy are excellent. The line up inside looks pretty "swell"... Burgos on White Streak, Wolverton on Spacehawk... is there an Everett story inside as well?

Congrats!! thumbsup2.gif

First Wolverton Spacehawk. And an (uncredited in Overstreet, but most certainly) Everett cover.

WP, that is an amazing TARGET. I love that cover (definately an Everett), and the colors on your copy are excellent. The line up inside looks pretty "swell"... Burgos on White Streak, Wolverton on Spacehawk... is there an Everett story inside as well?

Congrats!! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. It does have an Everett interior story. I can't tell you which, because it's now in a slab--the 8.5 in the census. I always scan them before I send them off.

Congrats!! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. It does have an Everett interior story. I can't tell you which, because it's now in a slab--the 8.5 in the census. I always scan them before I send them off.

Did you get "white" pages? They were superb on that copy if I remember correctly.

There is no Everett story.

Congrats!! thumbsup2.gif

Did you get "white" pages? They were superb on that copy if I remember correctly.

There is no Everett story.

My bad on the Everett story. I didn't remember, so I had to go by Overstreet who says he's in 1-9. I know better than to challenge your Everett acumen, though.

I got off-white to white pages. I wasn't disappointed in the grade, but I did expect to get the white pages tag. Maybe the florescents were dim that day. The paper's still excellent and bright, without absolutely no scent of acidity.