• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

100_0860.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

Steve,

I've checked out all the books you've posted in the past few days, and not only is the condition of these books newsstand fresh, but the actual cover art seems to be the most classic covers of the GA (in my opinion). As someone who goes after GA books for their covers and cover artists (Everett, Simon, Kirby, Fine, etc), I would say you have a collection that is pretty much in line with my own collecting tastes.

These are some truly incredible books. How long have you been collecting?

popcorn.gif

Steve,

I've checked out all the books you've posted in the past few days, and not only is the condition of these books newsstand fresh, but the actual cover art seems to be the most classic covers of the GA (in my opinion). As someone who goes after GA books for their covers and cover artists (Everett, Simon, Kirby, Fine, etc), I would say you have a collection that is pretty much in line with my own collecting tastes.

popcorn.gif

Thanks Ryan - glad you're enjoying them!

Over 25 years collecting GA. Lotsa hard work and lotsa luck (e.g., I just recently stumbled into the National 7 - it was the only superhero book that the elderly owner had left - which he had kept because it was his favorite).

It's been a great ride so far.

STEVE Got Larson?

Steve,

popcorn.gif

Over 25 years collecting GA. Lotsa hard work and lotsa luck (e.g., I just recently stumbled into the National 7 - it was the only superhero book that the elderly owner had left - which he had kept because it was his favorite).

STEVE Got Larson?

Well, your collection certainly has the markings of a GA "vet"... it is a fine accumulation, from what I've seen (and I'm sure thats just the tip of the iceburg). The books are beautifully consistant in their condition and colors!

I, myself, have loved GA books since I first saw them (about 1980), but have only recently had any money to actually pick up the books I wanted. I envy guys like you who have been in the game for a while!! Seems like there was alot more to pick from, say, fifteen to twenty years ago, or is that just my immagination?

Steve,

popcorn.gif

STEVE Got Larson?

Well, your collection certainly has the markings of a GA "vet"... it is a fine accumulation, from what I've seen (and I'm sure thats just the tip of the iceburg). The books are beautifully consistant in their condition and colors!

I, myself, have loved GA books since I first saw them (about 1980), but have only recently had any money to actually pick up the books I wanted. I envy guys like you who have been in the game for a while!! Seems like there was alot more to pick from, say, fifteen to twenty years ago, or is that just my immagination?

NO KIDDING! sumo.gif

I've been after the early GA books for like 5 years now, and let me tell you, it's brutal when guys like Steve and Jon have all the good stuff locked away!! And then they tell stories about buying enormous Centaur collections for 5x guide ($20 each). sumo.gif Just kills me.

I picked this up to match the National 7 that I posted last week (on pg 292) - I think they make a nice pair. grin.gif

Near flawless raw copy except for some slight fraying and a tiny nick out at the bottom spine. White interior covers and white pages, too.

100_1023.jpg

Lou Fine is... divine!!

STEVE Got Larson?

I picked this up to match the National 7 that I posted last week (on pg 292) - I think they make a nice pair. grin.gif

Near flawless raw copy except for some slight fraying and a tiny nick out at the bottom spine. White interior covers and white pages, too.

100_1023.jpg

Lou Fine is... divine!!

STEVE Got Larson?

Where'd you get that beauty?

100_1023.jpg

Lou Fine is... divine!!

STEVE Got Larson?

If that has the same shine as your 7, then 893whatthe.gif

What a gorgeous book! hail.gif