• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Bet they won't be your last! Welcome to the fold!
893applaud-thumb.gif

They won't be. But for now, it is. Unless I can pickup GA Detectives, and Batman, for about the same price as I pickup my ASM's. or other books, I won't worry about it.

But I do tell you, owning these are awsome.

Got this one ealier this week off ebay. I've been sorta working on a run of the comic sized ones for a few years, but havent put a lot of effort into it. Now that I have the #1 though.... I might have to finish it off. They're dirt cheap on ebay right now (or at least compaired to guide, which is obviously a little high).

Mad1.jpg

I had my eye on this auction and I was shocked that it went for that low. I think you got a GREAT deal there, congratulations smile.gif I just finished my mad run about a half a year ago and now I'm actively upgrading. There have been some nice ones on ebay recently. I won the 9.2 #20 last week, I'll post a picture when it comes in.

Picked this one up this weekend at a local show. Really like the cover. The first story is also an atomic bomb story so I could technically place it in my Cold War collection! I'm thinking of possibly collecting the run of this title. Nice combination of my interest in comics and history.

RealLife29.jpg

Another example of why I love comics so much as they enable you to so often combine interest. I've been a stamp collector for as long as I have been a comic collector. I am now pulling together a run of this title, which is only eight issues. The final issue is the rarest and I was fortunate enough to recently obtain a copy which I will post.

An extra beauty of this book is that my grandfather, Rabbi David Max Eichhorn, was a friend and WWII colleague of the Chaplain who perished in 1943 as part of the cover scene.

Stamps.jpg

RealLife29.jpg

Picked this one up this weekend at a local show. Really like the cover. The first story is also an atomic bomb story so I could technically place it in my Cold War collection! I'm thinking of possibly collecting the run of this title. Nice combination of my interest in comics and history.

I know Anthony Wayne was mad, but an atomic bomb? Seems beyond the pale! 893naughty-thumb.gif

The Real Life covers were drawn by Schomburg and there's nary a bad one in the bunch. thumbsup2.gif

RealLife29.jpg

Mark, I had a similar reaction to this Real Life #13...Schomburg War & Flag cover with a Yank beating up on a Nazi and Jap (simultaneously!) and hints of Politics (Geaorge Washington?), Sport (Ross), Business (Westinghouse) and Law (Cromwell). Sword, Rifles and Pistols. Pedigree book to boot. What's not to like? cloud9.gif Would probably even make a good avatar... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

244979651_ed2f1d198c_b.jpg

GE

Mark, I had a similar reaction to this Real Life #13...Schomburg War & Flag cover with a Yank beating up on a Nazi and Jap (simultaneously!)

Nice book! I also had this reaction with Real Life # 4 - Joan of Arc, Charles DeGaulle, WWI poilu, French Revolution and invading nazis all by Schomburg -

1443605-RealLife4.jpg

and here's another Stamps with the classic Iwo Jima imagery -

1443605-Stamp3s.jpg

1443605-Stamp3s.jpg.86b5c9ff6aeb151a9d0195024ccbd773.jpg

Nice book! I also had this reaction with Real Life # 4 - Joan of Arc, Charles DeGaulle, WWI poilu, French Revolution and invading nazis all by Schomburg -

No, Eifel tower? What gives? confused-smiley-013.gif

I can see why you like it! Is that copy yours or a swipe of a scan?

No, Eifel tower? What gives? confused-smiley-013.gif

I can see why you like it! Is that copy yours or a swipe of a scan?

I know; I was disappointed he couldn't find a spot for the Eiffel tower!

Both the Real Life and the Stamps are my copies. In fact, I picked up the Real Life from the Marketplace here a couple of months ago.

Mark, I had a similar reaction to this Real Life #13...Schomburg War & Flag cover with a Yank beating up on a Nazi and Jap (simultaneously!)

Mister DeGaulle only drew his sword to cut the cheese.

Talk about fictional funny books.

But it does look very nice. 893applaud-thumb.gif