• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Geez... hate to be the one posting a book just after an Action 2. My book is a spawn 1 in comparison tongue.gif

Phantom Lady takes a back seat to no one! makepoint.gif

gossip.gif But rumor has it she'll get in the back seat with anyone.

That National is real nice. 893applaud-thumb.gifQuality comics put out some great books . Just recieved these 2 books over the Holidays . Cracked these slabs open. thumbsup2.gif My Wife bought these for me. Great art inside esp. & out.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Just recieved these 2 books over the Holidays . Cracked these slabs open. thumbsup2.gif My Wife bought these for me. Great art inside esp. & out.

Ray, your wife buys you uber-cool GA comics for Xmas (and they happen to be 2 GREAT Centaurs!)....wow.

The books are terrific, but she's the real gem... thumbsup2.gif

STEVE

PH, its nice to finally see those cracked... EXTREMELY supportive wife!! Lucky man!! Those issues are great, as Steve mentioned. I love the Burgos story in the vol.2/#9!

Doug was so easy to deal with, and I've never seen better packing. He was totally accomodating!

thumbsup2.gif

Another raw purchase. This one was from Redbeard off Ebay. Advertised as a 4.0. Probably what CGC would give it, but ultra clean copy with just some light non-color breaking and color breaking creases. Definitely a tough period to find them in.

Also want to say Redbeard was great at every step of the way. I have bought from him before at Wondercon but this was my first on-line purchase. I will definitely keep monitoring their offerings.

detective202g.jpg

Edited by batman_fan

That National is real nice. 893applaud-thumb.gifQuality comics put out some great books . Just recieved these 2 books over the Holidays . Cracked these slabs open. thumbsup2.gif My Wife bought these for me. Great art inside esp. & out.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Punny those are awesome, I think your wife just beat me to them. They were cheap and I don't know why I hesitated on them. 893applaud-thumb.gif (On Pedigree correct?)

Another raw purchase. This one was from Redbeard off Ebay. Advertised as a 4.0. Probably what CGC would give it, but ultra clean copy with just some light non-color breaking and color breaking creases. Definitely a tough period to find them in.

Also want to say Redbeard was great at every step of the way. I have bought from him before at Wondercon but this was my first on-line purchase. I will definitely keep monitoring their offerings.

detective202g.jpg

A very nice presenting VG, bat_fan (I've known Redbeard for two decades and he's just as terrific as you say).

STEVE

I have very few books in the GA period...here is one of those few from late golden age:

sb12.jpg

I like books from this time period. That's a sharp copy.

DC's from like 1952-1955 are fun to collect. Tough to find, not too pricey, and generally fun reads.