• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Thanks, all. It's odd but Hawkgirl didn't have headgear at first ... at least she didn't on the cover to Flash 29, 37, or 39. confused-smiley-013.gif

Someone commented about the cover to 91. I love that cover, too. Someday I'd like to replace it with a better copy. But, I was lucky enough to pick up this copy for $13, so I can't complain! smile.gif

Thanks, all. It's odd but Hawkgirl didn't have headgear at first ... at least she didn't on the cover to Flash 29, 37, or 39. confused-smiley-013.gif

Someone commented about the cover to 91. I love that cover, too. Someday I'd like to replace it with a better copy. But, I was lucky enough to pick up this copy for $13, so I can't complain! smile.gif

Excellent choices Fauby! I just love those Hawkman covers! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ok, I got this a few months ago, but didn't scan it until this week. You guys are probably already aware that I love this book. It's completely unrestored (a long-time goal of mine has been to get an unrestored 'Tec 1 in decent shape), which allowed me to move my other copies to ciorac and Detective27Kid. So anyway, here it is:

detectivecomics1.jpg

Ok, I got this a few months ago, but didn't scan it until this week. You guys are probably already aware that I love this book. It's completely unrestored (a long-time goal of mine has been to get an unrestored 'Tec 1 in decent shape), which allowed me to move my other copies to ciorac and Detective27Kid. So anyway, here it is:

detectivecomics1.jpg

hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

detectivecomics1.jpg

Wow. Nice book.

S

That's a really attractive looking unrestored Tec 1!

You must be beaming like a proud poppa! 893applaud-thumb.gif

detectivecomics1.jpg

Nice to see it in all its glory!!!

hail.gif

Win, what a gorgeous book, congratulations! Out of curiosity, how would you grade it and how is the page quality?

It's a 5.0 with cream pages. No brittleness; the book can be easily read and handled. In fact, I flipped through it again last night when it was scanned.

However, the two restored copies I sold did have better page quality.

Here's the group shot I took before sending them on to their new homes:

tec1shot2.jpg

Win, what a gorgeous book, congratulations! Out of curiosity, how would you grade it and how is the page quality?

It's a 5.0 with cream pages. No brittleness; the book can be easily read and handled. In fact, I flipped through it again last night when it was scanned.

However, the two restored copies I sold did have better page quality.

Here's the group shot I took before sending them on to their new homes:

tec1shot2.jpg

Misty water colored memories..

Of the way we were....

sorry.gif