• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

This should be making its way to me soon. I'm wrapping up the trade details in the next week. However, I couldn't wait to post the book until receipt so here it is now.

It's a stunner with white pages.

However, there is an ever so slight crease (hardly even noticable) running from the 10 cent sign down to Superman's feet. Even in the high resolution scan I could only make out the bottom and top part.

I can't see it at all. Could you fold it along the crease once or twice so it will be noticeable in the scan? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This should be making its way to me soon. I'm wrapping up the trade details in the next week. However, I couldn't wait to post the book until receipt so here it is now.

However, there is an ever so slight crease (hardly even noticable) running from the 10 cent sign down to Superman's feet. Even in the high resolution scan I could only make out the bottom and top part. On the inside cover the crease only shows about an 1.5 inches in length and the rest of the crease didn't go through the cover. Sweet with awesome eye appeal. It will look great next to my Superman 10 in 7.0.

Superman11high.jpg

Superman11bhigh.jpg

Love it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

However, there is an ever so slight crease (hardly even noticable) running from the 10 cent sign down to Superman's feet. Even in the high resolution scan I could only make out the bottom and top part. On the inside cover the crease only shows about an 1.5 inches in length and the rest of the crease didn't go through the cover. Sweet with awesome eye appeal. It will look great next to my Superman 10 in 7.0.

Superman11high.jpg

Superman11bhigh.jpg

Love it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

now that is what a yellow cover should look like!

However, there is an ever so slight crease (hardly even noticable) running from the 10 cent sign down to Superman's feet. Even in the high resolution scan I could only make out the bottom and top part.

I can't see it at all. Could you fold it along the crease once or twice so it will be noticeable in the scan? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif When you do the same.

makepoint.gif When you do the same.

flowerred.gif That's a really nice looking copy.

With this pick-up, I'm down to only two more books needed to finish off the All-American #2-#16 run. If anyone has an All-American #4 they'd be willing to part with, let me know.

AllAmerican12.jpg

Very cool!

If I have the Mile High #4, are you going to trade me for some Mile High Centaurs??

Sure!

I feel pretty comfortable agreeing to that bluff.

Is this some form of dollar poker? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here are some interior shots of the Heroic #2, you get an Everett Hydroman story (he looks like Subby!) and two Tarpe Mills stories in these early issues. Not pictured is the Purple Zombie story by Mills. There is also a Flyin' Jenny story inside. Did Swayze do those for Heroic?

P1010008-2.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010-2.jpg

Hey Bill,

Those are some great pix... man, you can't go wrong with Everett and Mills. And look at the interior cover... !! Looks like an absolutely perfect book.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Ryan! The Mile High would have made for better page quality, but this one is nice.

Hey Bill,

Those are some great pix... man, you can't go wrong with Everett and Mills. And look at the interior cover... !! Looks like an absolutely perfect book.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Ryan! The Mile High would have made for better page quality, but this one is nice.

I love the way Church books melt in your hands. cloud9.gif

Are mere mortals still allowed to post in this thread? -

Hey, I've got a lot more reason to be humble than you do!

The Fox and the Crow 7

A VERY well-loved copy. Nothing to get excited about, but it is a complete, readable copy of a 1952-53 DC book with decent page quality. I can't complain about a Gerber 6 (whatever that really means) for a mere $12. Watch for my index to appear soon on GCD!

Jack

what time does the Short Bus come by this stop?

1620770-foxcrow7.jpg

Edited by selegue

Hey Bill,

thumbsup2.gif

I love the way Church books melt in your hands. cloud9.gif

Only because my hands sweat while holding them! crazy.gif

Are mere mortals still allowed to post in this thread? -

Hey, I've got a lot more reason to be humble than you do!

The Fox and the Crow 7

A VERY well-loved copy. Nothing to get excited about, but it is a complete, readable copy of a 1952-53 DC book with decent page. I can't complain about a Gerber 6 (whatever that really means) for a mere $12. Watch for my index to appear soon on GCD!

Jack

what time does the Short Bus come by this stop?

1620770-foxcrow7.jpg

HONK HONK! All aboard! poke2.gif