• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Holy Krapple. Made from the best stuff on earth! She just handed it to you at 11pm at night?

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

This one's kind of cool too. The cover is about China, and the story goes through about 2000 yrs of Chinese history, ending with their (at the time) current struggle against Japan - with obvious ties to WWII.

1635934-reallife5a.JPG

That's a very cool looking book, Dan - history is my other hobby and though I don't own any, I'm really starting to appreicate these type of books (Real Life, Headline, etc.)

893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

well I just crapped! ...speec..ch..lessss

Cool stuff huh!?

Here is a pic that leaves a few out, but you can see the ones near the top better.

Bah! No Silver Streak 1 or 6?!? Utter tripe.

(oh, also hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif )

not only is there a ss 1 in that shot, it is the PAY COPY 9.0!! [no bragging here; it's not mine].

We all decided it would be cool to put some of our Key issues into a group shot, so here it is. Believe it or not, we couldn't get them all onto the bed. So plenty got left out!

Golden Dreams!!

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

Okay Bill your killing me, what a collection. hail.gif Can we get better scans of the two Marvel Mystery #9's and the Sub-Mariner Comics #32? popcorn.gif Also what do I need to do to pry a copy out of your hands?

We all decided it would be cool to put some of our Key issues into a group shot, so here it is. Believe it or not, we couldn't get them all onto the bed. So plenty got left out!

Golden Dreams!!

Okay Bill your killing me, what a collection. hail.gif Can we get better scans of the two Marvel Mystery #9's and the Sub-Mariner Comics #32? popcorn.gif Also what do I need to do to pry a copy out of your hands?

broke? i'd have to phart in my wallet to have a cent.

Golden Dreams!!

the mm 9 on the bottom right is mine, and it's one of those soiled looking books that a close scan wouldn't improve much--it looks about as good there as it's going to look. the subby 32 [okajima, by the way] and the other 9 went back to their home in texas, but if they're not yet back to the bank, i'll try to get the owner to scan and show them. may be too late, tho'.

Golden Dreams!!

the mm 9 on the bottom right is mine, and it's one of those soiled looking books that a close scan wouldn't improve much--it looks about as good there as it's going to look. the subby 32 [okajima, by the way] and the other 9 went back to their home in texas, but if they're not yet back to the bank, i'll try to get the owner to scan and show them. may be too late, tho'.

hello all...

I was "floored" by all the Marvel copies in that room....BP #9 is a copy I would Love to have a comparable one of, one of these days...that subby 32 was stunning, and the MM9 was a 8.5 blue? if I recall (but I am/was on sensory overload)

rick

I use to drool at the Okajima copy when it was listed on Arch Angels, probably the first time I noticed and realized how rare the book was. Rob should have left it on his site as I use to love reading the brief write up on the book/collection.

Was the under bidder on the Crippen copy but really made a half hearted attempt at bidding on it but if I had a chance again I would probably persue it alittle harder.