• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

groupshot1.jpg

Bill, there's an AA 16 in that shot...and you didn't pick it up?

Good grief man, you're slipping stooges.gif

STEVE

Now there's a bed any guy could get me into.acclaim.gif

fay

smirk.gif Did you hear that Bill?

Yes I did. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifshy.gif

I think I might have to retract my statement after hearing from a reliable source that

the bed consists of over 893naughty-thumb.gif five guys books and that's probably four and half too many.tonofbricks.gif

You never know what might go missing when I leave in the morning. sleeping.giftakeit.gifcloud9.gif

yeah, but the best stuff is mine! devil.gif

And as far as to what go missing....it might just be worth it! wink.gifpoke2.gifgrin.gif

groupshot1.jpg

STEVE

fay

I think I might have to retract my statement after hearing from a reliable source that

the bed consists of over 893naughty-thumb.gif five guys books and that's probably four and half too many.tonofbricks.gif

You never know what might go missing when I leave in the morning. sleeping.giftakeit.gifcloud9.gif

And as far as to what go missing....it might just be worth it! wink.gifpoke2.gifgrin.gif

Gees Bill, It didn't take long for the shyness to wear off.

Did you have a few cocktails? poke2.gif

Adam is that your book? cloud9.gif

Here's a scan of the photocopy from way back. I don't own this book but I've pretty good idea who does.

1637904-Subby32okajima.jpg

I wonder what this book would command if it hit the open market?

$5k? $10k? More?

It's twice sold for more than 5k.

groupshot1.jpg

STEVE

fay

Gees Bill, It didn't take long for the shyness to wear off.

Did you have a few cocktails? poke2.gif

Pain killers actually, I had out patient surgery today. ouch!

Adam is that your book? cloud9.gif

Here's a scan of the photocopy from way back. I don't own this book but I've pretty good idea who does.

1637904-Subby32okajima.jpg

I wonder what this book would command if it hit the open market?

$5k? $10k? More?

It's twice sold for more than 5k.

I believe it use to be listed for $8,500 two years ago when it was on Arch Angels site. If you know the current owner and he wants to down grade his copy (wishful thinking) I'd be willing to trade my 5.5 copy + cash to get my hands on this beauty.

Hope all went well. I was in the hospital last week. No fun at all.

Thanks Norinn, it went very well.

Good to hear that, Bill!

Hope all went well. I was in the hospital last week. No fun at all.

Thanks Norinn, it went very well.

Good to hear that, Bill!

Thanks Adam!

One of the biggest joys of collecting for me is the unexpected and unplanned purchase.....you know, when you're scouting around for your next book and all of a sudden..boom!.... you get hit in the face with some "must have" fall from the sky opportunity, and the comic book was never on your want list or on your radar screen at all until that moment. Such was the case with this very rare in high grade, high grade unrestored copy of Archie's Pal Jughead #3 from 1950....my 1st Archie book. As a self-proclaimed condition "super freak", this non-key was a no brainer as soon as I saw it.

1640401-archie.jpg

1640401-archie-back.jpg

1640401-archie-back.jpg.8155d02b34ed4310e1586bb3e33648cd.jpg

Won this last night! headbang.gif

I've got one more book I'm going after tonight, and then I'll be broke for a while. insane.gif

8476FeatureBook26CLINK.jpg

Nice theagenes! I was bidding on that sucker too!

If you really want it, I'll do you a favor and trade it to you for your Tec 31. cool.gif

One of the biggest joys of collecting for me is the unexpected and unplanned purchase.....you know, when you're scouting around for your next book and all of a sudden..boom!.... you get hit in the face with some "must have" fall from the sky opportunity, and the comic book was never on your want list or on your radar screen at all until that moment. Such was the case with this very rare in high grade, high grade unrestored copy of Archie's Pal Jughead #3 from 1950....my 1st Archie book. As a self-proclaimed condition "super freak", this non-key was a no brainer as soon as I saw it.

1640401-archie.jpg

1640401-archie-back.jpg

Betty. cloud9.gif

Nice book. Any early Archie in high grade is always a good pick-up.

Won this last night! headbang.gif

I've got one more book I'm going after tonight, and then I'll be broke for a while. insane.gif

8476FeatureBook26CLINK.jpg

Nice theagenes! I was bidding on that sucker too!

If you really want it, I'll do you a favor and trade it to you for your Tec 31. cool.gif

Sure! But you will have to add $7800 cash, and you have a deal! wink.gif

1640401-archie.jpg

1640401-archie-back.jpg

Congrats! That's the earliest Archie book I'm missing smile.gif