• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

What is the case made of? Is that just plain plastic or UV reflective glass?

hello all...

the Pedrin conservatory used to make the Fortress...I got a batch from comicdey last month (thanks hi.gif)...I believe it is hard uv reflective plastic, with mylar casing and acid free gaskets to support the book....I remember in SD in 1993 of 94, Chris (Pedrin) submerged a Whiz 1 in a bucket of water, while it was sealed in a Fortress...

very strong, very sturdy

rick

awesome! is there a 'before' picture?

hello all...

yes, there is, but I believe one mr billy parker might be in possession of it stooges.gif

last I heard, there was a tiger with his tail tucked poke2.gif

da... da da da da, go GATORS....

rick

As I mentioned before (jokingly), I'm collecting Action Comics in order. But now that I've just gotten this one (to follow my 1 and 2), maybe it's not a joke any more! Who here has a 4 they'd like to sell?? smile.gif

action3.jpg

great pick up win...

rick

Arrived today. My first PLOD!! headbang.gif Kidding - I wish I could have found an unrestored copy, but after a year of looking for a copy, I had to jump on this while I had the chance:

Adventure33.jpg

Nice!

But you can tell that artist doesn't know squat about planes. As George Evans had to explain to Harvey Kurtzman, radial engines rotate

I'd never think to look at it that close, but good catch Adam!

I think part of it also is that radial engines look so darn cool when they aren't rotating (a case where engineers created art). It's still a cool book! thumbsup2.gif

As I mentioned before (jokingly), I'm collecting Action Comics in order. But now that I've just gotten this one (to follow my 1 and 2), maybe it's not a joke any more! Who here has a 4 they'd like to sell?? smile.gif

action3.jpg

Great book Win. Can you offer any specifics on it? Such as resto work, page quality, how much you'd sell it to me for, etc? wink.gif

Omealia certianly had some great early Action covers didn't he? Awesome pickup! 893applaud-thumb.gif

action3.jpg

Congratulations Win!! That is a wonderful book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

As a side note, I like the fact that the Captain thought enough to put his lipstick on for his close-up before attacking the natives! wink.gif

Arrived today. My first PLOD!! headbang.gif Kidding - I wish I could have found an unrestored copy, but after a year of looking for a copy, I had to jump on this while I had the chance:

Adventure33.jpg

Where does he keep finding these wonderful Adventures!! frustrated.gif