• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

exciting4.jpg

Got this in trade from the Erroneous Geek (Xavier Logan) a few years back in trade. I love this cover. Looks like something from a turn of the century sci-fi pulp.

Great book! I will take a 4.5 that looks like that any day! An unobtrusive stain, but the eye appeal of a 9.0. Gorgeous! hail.gif

exciting4.jpg

Got this in trade from the Erroneous Geek (Xavier Logan) a few years back in trade. I love this cover. Looks like something from a turn of the century sci-fi pulp.

Great book! I will take a 4.5 that looks like that any day! An unobtrusive stain, but the eye appeal of a 9.0. Gorgeous! hail.gif

Exactly! and at 1/3 the money or less. YAHOO!!!!!!!!

It is amazing how small an amount of water it takes to equal 4.5 worth of grade. If our water bills were on the same scale water would be more expensive than gold!

The Ray was a Great character with wonderful Lou Fine art. Unfortunately most of his covers were LAME! This is an exeption.

No kidding. Quality would have been better off and a couple $$ richer had they simply used Fine's splashes as covers. In fact, they may well have sold a couple of ten of thousands copies more!

exciting4.jpg

It is amazing how small an amount of water it takes to equal 4.5 worth of grade. If our water bills were on the same scale water would be more expensive than gold!

Right, but the back cover could be foxed to death and still get an 8.0....or the front could have a miswrap, poor colors and production bindery tears and get a 9.4. Out of the three, there is no question which one I would choose. Nice to see someone else probably agrees. cool.gif

exciting4.jpg

Right, but the back cover could be foxed to death and still get an 8.0....or the front could have a miswrap, poor colors and production bindery tears and get a 9.4. Out of the three, there is no question which one I would choose. Nice to see someone else probably agrees. cool.gif

Hey, that used to be mine cool.gif I think I traded it to XL as a part of the pile for his Daring Mystery 1. Glad it ended up with you, Mr. B(thumbs up

The Ray was a Great character with wonderful Lou Fine art. Unfortunately most of his covers were LAME! This is an exeption.

No kidding. Quality would have been better off and a couple $$ richer had they simply used Fine's splashes as covers. In fact, they may well have sold a couple of ten of thousands copies more!

We'd probably be paying $10,000 more for each one today!

exciting4.jpg

Absolutely. I think we agree that the one thing CGC can never properly take into account is Eye Appeal. I will always take a good looking copy over a structural high grade.

exciting4.jpg

Hey, that used to be mine cool.gif I think I traded it to XL as a part of the pile for his Daring Mystery 1. Glad it ended up with you, Mr. B(thumbs up

Thanks! It has found a good home. You can visit anytime!

Absolutely. I think we agree that the one thing CGC can never properly take into account is Eye Appeal. I will always take a good looking copy over a structural high grade.

Very true. Actually, I think that's true of grades in general. One number and a note on page quality just isn't enough to encompass how nice a book is. Your new 4.5 is a perfect case in point.

I owned a copy of this years ago and (as usual) foolishly sold it. I waited a while for a reasonably priced copy to come up and recently got this off ebay for what I consider to be a pretty good price. If anyone has any other Harvey digests, I'm looking.

1690475-pocket1a.JPG

Nicely done - the Harvey digests are cool. Are the Speeds rarer than the Pockets?

It's hard to say. I think they all come up with some frequency as they tend to fetch nice prices. Certainly more frequently than you'd expect from their rarity (that being said, maybe 1-2 of each a year). I can't say that I could really compare commonness. confused-smiley-013.gif I think Pocket 1 and Speed 14 seem to be the most available. But try to find one 10 years ago when they guided for pennies....

exciting4.jpg

Any chance you want to trade back,I've grown tired of the pile of ROM you gave me

exciting4.jpg

Any chance you want to trade back,I've grown tired of the pile of ROM you gave me

Aren't you collecting Micronauts now? I know you have a Fighting Yank I've been eyeing.

exciting4.jpg

That's beeyootiful... there's a hint of early Wolverton about it...especially the monster and terrain... 893applaud-thumb.gif