• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

That's a really pretty 6.0. And what a tough issue. Congrats!

Thanks Rich, it is a very nice upgrade.

It really does look better than a 6.0, at least from the scan - which is all I have seen. What actually brings it down to a 6.0?

Great book! Happy to be a part of the transaction! 893applaud-thumb.gif

New addition and tough book (for me) to find in grade...Top Notch #5. cloud9.gif Okay, I'm addicted to GA flag covers!!!

Thanks to Bill Hughes for working out a deal on this gem! flowerred.gif

456460664_386e62ea39_b.jpg

GE

Nice Dino!!! I've always liked those Wizard Top Notch covers. 893applaud-thumb.gif

New addition and tough book (for me) to find in grade...Top Notch #5. cloud9.gif Okay, I'm addicted to GA flag covers!!!

Thanks to Bill Hughes for working out a deal on this gem! flowerred.gif

456460664_386e62ea39_b.jpg

GE

Congrats on the new addition, very very nice. I've always had good experiences working with Bill as well.

Love those early Top-Notch books... thumbsup2.gif

Now for something completely differant..I've always enjoyed the works of Johnny Gruelle and was pleased to finally get a nice copy of the following book... cloud9.gif

Raggedy Ann + Andy #1

raggedyann1.jpg

Love those early Top-Notch books... thumbsup2.gif

Now for something completely differant..I've always enjoyed the works of Johnny Gruelle and was pleased to finally get a nice copy of the following book... cloud9.gif

Raggedy Ann + Andy #1

raggedyann1.jpg

excellent book!...I had a copy a long time ago, never sold it, but I have no idea what I did with it...thanks for the post!

Now for something completely different..I've always enjoyed the works of Johnny Gruelle and was pleased to finally get a nice copy of the following book... cloud9.gif

Very nice!!

Did Gruelle do the artwork on the whole series, including Four Color books? Did he ink as well? Maybe he's even the mystery letterer that I was wondering about in the Four Color thread. Does this have elegant, almost italic lettering sort of like Eisner sometimes used on The Spirit? Those wallpaper cover backgrounds are really eye-catching.

Pity scrooge isn't here to appreciate this one. I hope he comes back and catches up.

Jack

Raggedy Ann + Andy #1

raggedyann1.jpg

Very nice!!

Thanks.

Did Gruelle do the artwork on the whole series, including Four Color books?

I only have books from the regular series and all of them have art by Gruelle so logically thinking since it is his creation he probably did.

Did he ink as well?

I imagine so???...

Maybe he's even the mystery letterer that I was wondering about in the Four Color thread. Does this have elegant, almost italic lettering sort of like Eisner sometimes used on The Spirit? Those wallpaper cover backgrounds are really eye-catching.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here are two more that came in today as well...

raggedyann5.jpg

raggedyann7.jpg

double AA...man, those are GREAT books...when you are ready to get rid of them give me a jingle...I remember those covers so vividly...and, I remember the Little Black Sambo stories (chasing the tigers into butter?) in # 7?....I had all the series when I was younger, I wonder what I did with them...

rick