• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

My first Fox book and my first book with a Lou Fine cover. cloud9.gif

Thanks to Motor City for this reasonably priced, slight UNDERgraded gem.

wonderworld11.jpg

And a wonderful origin of the Flame story to boot....well done, sir! 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

wonderworld11.jpg

And a wonderful origin of the Flame story to boot....well done, sir! 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

I like covers like this where you have all of the colors of the rainbow -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet -- being used to such good effect. Guess it doesn't hurt that it's Lou Fine cover, either, now that I think about it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Is it that your oldest comic?

wonderworld11.jpg

893whatthe.gif Holy Carp! That's a nice score there, Andy! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Some old guy sent this to me for cigarette lables and boxtops. cloud9.gif... 1730961-ComicScan0345.JPG1730961-ComicScan0346.JPG

green lantern, hop harrigan, atom, scribbly (when was his first appearance....and the red tornado)....gotta love it.

Thanks Bill well worth the wait for this INT collection book. thumbsup2.gif

This is one of my all time favorite Golden-Age covers. I was torn when Bill had it listed but due to other spending had to pass, glad another board member got it. Need to make a mental note you have it for future reference. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

wonderworld11.jpg

STEVE

Yes, most definitely the origin of the Flame. In fact, so much so that this issue used to be the second most expensive Wonderworld in OS behind only issue #3, which of course is the first appearance of the Flame.

Odd that Overstreet now no longer places a premium on this origin issue as all other nine issues in front of it has a much higher value in the guide. 893whatthe.gifconfused.gif

Just read the origin story. Very cool with some great interior art. I still haven't gotten used to reading original golden age books. It's a cool feeling thinking about all the hands that comic might have passed through and what the owners might have thought about it. There is an added dimension to reading books that old that you don't get from moderns or bronze.

Thanks to all the people who helped me figure out the grade in the PGM Thread!! They were all dead on!!! hail.gif

Jumbo Comics #48 - CGC 7.0 (Off White Pages)

HPIM1689.jpg

Oh la la! Very nice set of books, Juggy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I was hoping for a higher grade for the two Shadow Comics but I am still happy with them!!

Shadow Comics V3 No.1 - CGC 6.5 (Off White to White Pages)

HPIM1601.jpg

What an awesome cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This will be coming to me but I couldn't wait to post it.

Such a lovely black cover Wonder Woman that captures a slight SciFi feel. Its a keeper.

WonderWoman57.jpg

If that's the book you're selling some WWs for, that's well worth it! 893applaud-thumb.gif