• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Great copy, Ken, but I think you scanner might be letting you down. That has to have much more intense colors! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually, the colors on the book are a bit toned down. I have never seen another high grade copy, but I think they were printed that way, almost an Americana feel to it.

Ken

Still a great WWII cover!

blazing3.jpg

The Turtle is cool in a weird, second-banana Catman sorta way! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Those are interesting books Fuelman. How hard are they to find?

Wish I could say, I don't have my Gerber's here to see scarcety index. Metro has a couple issues, all listed as "scarce". Maybe Gerber 7s? confused-smiley-013.gif

blazing3.jpg

The Turtle is cool in a weird, second-banana Catman sorta way! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The Turtle is way, way down the banana chain from Catman. He's maybe a fifth-banana superhero. Still cool, though. His stories are actually set in China. How many GA superheroes operated out of China?

The Turtle is way, way down the banana chain from Catman. He's maybe a fifth-banana superhero. Still cool, though. His stories are actually set in China. How many GA superheroes operated out of China?

agreed.

judging by the covers, it looks like maybe red dragon was operating in the orient.

Nothing as Blazing as Bob's pick-up, but I got a couple of books this weekend from 143. First up, 2 books for my 1952 set; both of them happen to be # 1 issues -

Patsy & Hedy # 1 -

1761709-PastyandHedy1s.jpg

and Strange Confessions # 1 -

1761709-StrangeConfessions1s.jpg

then one more Airboy checked off my list - Rats!

1761709-Airboy-Dec1948.jpg

and finally some Jungle bondage -

1761709-Jungle99s.jpg

with special thanks to 143 for taking my books and my $$$ sumo.gif

1761709-Jungle99s.jpg.4e008d42a7853b8af3184b3d5392d644.jpg