• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Congratulations, Jayman. The Ditko story is wicked cool -- nothing like re-telling the Cinderella story where her sisters are vampires! cloud9.gif

Wow...cool book D27K.... thumbsup2.gif

These just in today... wink.gif

This book has some imaginative artwork inside...

worldfamous1.jpg

You really got some great stuff today!

I have a reader copy of that one (somewhere) -- yours looks terrific.

I agree with you about the interior artwork -- Ali Baba especially, if I remember right (but it's been a long time since I looked). I don't remember whether anything was signed. Could it be early Al Fago?

Jack

Thanks Jack...as far as credits go. The Ali Baba story has a small blurb stating "As retold by Chad"... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That jogs my memory. Not Fago but Chad Grothkopf, a great funny animal cartoonist (Hoppy the Marvel Bunny) who worked in all sorts of genres (Johnny Quick). I think that his best stuff was Timely funny animals (Krazy Komics, etc.).

Thanks,

Jack

Edited by selegue

Congratulations, Jayman. The Ditko story is wicked cool -- nothing like re-telling the Cinderella story where her sisters are vampires! cloud9.gif

Read it as soon as I got it, surprised to see an inside story panel almost exactly as the cover image.

Just don't show up my VG copy with your super nice one! flowerred.gif