• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Took me about 2 years to find a copy of this issue. But the wait was worth it!!! It is as if it was just bought off the stands!

1785620-Winwar.jpg

That's a beautiful copy Mark. Congrats! What do the insides look like? I have never seen it before and wonder how boys and girls can help win the war.

The insides are gorgeous. White as snow. There are multiple stories about donating money (and a list of what $ would buy what type of ammo, armor, etc), exercising and joining civic organizations, etc. Very cool book.

Took me about 2 years to find a copy of this issue. But the wait was worth it!!! It is as if it was just bought off the stands!

That's a beautiful copy Mark. Congrats! What do the insides look like? I have never seen it before and wonder how boys and girls can help win the war.

Congrats Mark. There were 2 copies on eBay over the last month. This must be the first one that sold. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Go ahead and show the back cover with those coupons. That'll give Mr. BedRock an idea of the content. What's the content anyway? popcorn.gif

And on a lower note, here's the book that got me excited today yay.gif

1785937-RomanticLove9s.jpg

It's late and I'm getting excited too!

Congrats Mark. There were 2 copies on eBay over the last month. This must be the first one that sold. 893applaud-thumb.gif

2, really? Surprising that I didn't catch the other one with my search. Have a link?

I can't find it but the second copy was up about a week after yours and a far lower grade.

Another issue that required searching. I needed a cover in nice shape so I can frame it on my office wall. As many of you likely know, Charles Moulton (a/k/a William Marston), the creator of WW, was also the "father" of the modern day lie detector device. I've spent several years challenging the federal government's pre-employment polygraph program because it is based on as much fiction as our darling WW.

Interestingly, other than the cover and the introduction to one of the stories featuring a similar image, there is no mention of the lie detector device in the entire book!

1785816-WW53.jpg

I couldn't agree with you more on the polygraph....awesome cover too....not to mention if a polygraph can't even work on wonder women herself how can it work on government employees 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It seems a bunch of folks got together to make this a comic book weekend! Hope everyone had fun. During our gathering there was a little accident and a couple of my boxes spilled.

Amazingly, some of the books leaned themselves up against boxes, while other spread out into a nice display across the floor. I'm still a little bit bewildered......................

geekfest07008.jpg

Hmmm...

Comics look nice in those things.

So, I suppose those are the Mylar whatchamacallits and backing boards I've heard so much about??

I think I should give them a try. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They make everything very shiny!

Shiny........and SAFE! grin.gif

Another issue that required searching. I needed a cover in nice shape so I can frame it on my office wall. As many of you likely know, Charles Moulton (a/k/a William Marston), the creator of WW, was also the "father" of the modern day lie detector device. I've spent several years challenging the federal government's pre-employment polygraph program because it is based on as much fiction as our darling WW.

Interestingly, other than the cover and the introduction to one of the stories featuring a similar image, there is no mention of the lie detector device in the entire book!

1785816-WW53.jpg

wow, nice book, and an extremely tough to locate WW issue (in any grade)...

well done

gator

Not a comic but cool.

mm0071-2.jpg

Very cool!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

(mustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulps

mustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulps

mustnotstartcollectingpulpsmustnotstartcollectingpulps makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif )

Did someone purchase the tec 27 from Metro? If so, who was it?

Mike

which one?...metro has had 4 up for sale in the last couple of months...

a cgc 6.0 blue sold to unknown

a restored 8.0 sold to unknown

a restored 7.0 sold to board member (or maybe he bought the 8.0? I am sure he will respond/confirm if he wishes to )

a restored/trimmed 6.0 was unsold as of yesterday

rick

Don't know who bought the unrestored 6.0 but I'll be picking up the restored 7.

The unrestored 6 was a stretch too far.

yeah...it sold last month or earlier, but only Metro knows who, as I have not seen anyone with it...shoot stephen or vin an email, I am sure they can get you one...

rick

Did someone purchase the tec 27 from Metro? If so, who was it?

Mike

Who knows? Anybody seen recently selling a bunch of books someplace like eBay or Heritage to raise capital? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bought this one from Chris thumbsup2.gif at the VCC last month. Have always wanted a copy of it...graded as a blue 5.5 with cream to off white pages. Nice to have it. Not too many copies on the census...when is the movie coming out??? grin.gif

He is a scan from my krappy scanner...

cloud9.gif