• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

And it's Schomburg, isn't it?

I didn't think so but now I'm not certain. Can anyone say for sure? confused-smiley-013.gif

It was listed that way in Overstreet for the longest time. But artist info is not the Price Guide's strong suit.

I also just checked comics.org and no cover credits were listed... frown.gif

Pencils by Alex Schomburg, inks by Ayers. A very cool books with a story to match the cover. cloud9.gif

I didn't think so but now I'm not certain. Can anyone say for sure? confused-smiley-013.gif

It was listed that way in Overstreet for the longest time. But artist info is not the Price Guide's strong suit.

Pencils by Alex Schomburg, inks by Ayers. A very cool books with a story to match the cover. cloud9.gif

Boom! adamstrange has spoken! It is therefore so.

Thanks!

Thanks!

acclaim.gif

The Schomburg connection was noted by someone else years ago but the Ayers inking wasn't confirmed until fairly recently in an interview that he did. In this case I just have a good memory for artists I enjoy.

Edited by adamstrange

Thanks!

acclaim.gif

The Schomburg connection was noted by someone else years ago but the Ayers inking wasn't confirmed until fairly recently in an interview that he did. In this case I just have a good memory for artists I enjoy.

Thanks Adam! hi.gif Now I like this book even more! yay.gif

Great books everyone! 893applaud-thumb.gif Here's a new addition to my collection...

512008302_60eda69fae_b.jpg

That's a beauty!

wow folks, some great books...

I have to sell a kidney, to raise some cash and buy more comics!

any offers?

gator

I don't need the kidneys, but I will offer to sell you some comics!

any offers?

gator

don't I already owe you money for comics...now you see why I need to sell a kidney?

gator

any offers?

gator

don't I already owe you money for comics...now you see why I need to sell a kidney?

gator

You might need to sell both of them!

I'm always happy to pick up a VF unrestored off-white paged 'large logo' Detective from an OO collection...........

1810667-detective44frontfull391.JPG

Steve

Steve great cover. Not a Batman/Tec collector with Robin in it but if I was going to buy an issue it would be this one.